Trust and Happiness

I wish someone would have said all these things to me. But I figured it out the hard way. All you need is that little push to get your life going. And I'm going to try to give it to you.

Okay I know lifes rough. And I know its a lot to handle. But you have to be strong. Don't break down often, stay strong and ignore everyone that tries to bring you down. They're not worth your happiness, no one is to be completely honest.

Only worry about yourself. I realize that sounds extremely selfish but its the gods honest truth. Take for example someone is bringing you down, but you don't want to leave them. You stay to spare their feelings, but break yours in the process. Its not worth it. You may hurt someone, but do anything to help yourself before trying to help others.

I know that its hard to hurt someone to save yourself. And I'm the type of person that feels I shouldn't hurt anyone in any circumstances. But there's just times in life where you have to help yourself first.

You probably hear stories on the news about heros that jumped in front of a car to save a young child or ran into a burning home to save their dog. That's a totally different story. If you feel you need to save someone from something that may kill them do it. I'm just saying that this scenario is so different from an emotional hurt. You maybe risking your life, but its for a great cause.

Let's say that you're on the other side of the story. Maybe someone's trying to help themselves, but hurting you in the process. Yes, I know it hurts. Been there, done that! But you have to understand that they're doing what's best for them. You don't want to hurt them, and they probably don't want to hurt you. Remember that. This isn't a competition to see who can hurt who more. This is a part of life to deal with.

I once was talking to a good friend of mine. I asked him how life was and he said "could be better". I thought for a second and quickly came up with something to say. "If there's something you can do to fix the 'problem' do it. And if its out of your hands learn to deal with it. That's a part of life". I never thought of things this way. After telling my friend this I realized you can't control everything and your happiness isn't always in your hands.

I guess what I'm trying to say is your happiness isn't always controllable. You need trust. Trust that someone can make you happy. Trust that you'll be okay even when your sad. Trust others, and yourself. And when your happiness is in your hands trust that you know what to do with it to keep yourself happy. If you can trust, you can be happy. Learn to trust. Its key when happiness is what you need.

But one thing I want to add is to not be to trusting. If you trust the wrong person everything could come tumbling down. Be careful. Show trust, but be sure that trusting that person is what you should do. Because not everyone deserves to be trusted.