"There was no reason for him to fight. She'd already been bitten."

Ennis lets Derek's head go, Paige watching them.

And all you heard was Paige's whimpering.

"I wasn't really surprised when Deaton came to arrange a meeting with Deucalion. As William Blake said, "Any sinister person who means to be your enemy always starts to by trying to become your friend."

"How do you know he wasn't going there to make peace?" Scott asks.

"Because I'm not an idiot." Gerard says, holding a tissue with the black substance on it. "Do you know the Sanskrit fable of the scorpion and the turtle?"

"The scorpion asks the turtle for a ride across the river." Scott says.

"And when the scorpion stings the turtle, dooming them both, what does he say to explain his behavior?"

"It's my nature." Scott replies. "I know a werewolf's nature. I knew exactly what was coming. A trap."

"I think it's quite fitting that we are meeting in a distillery. You know, the process of distillation is the separating of two substances by pushing them into their different volatile states." Gerard says.

"Volatile is exactly the state I was hoping to avoid." Deucalion says. "Ooh." Gerard says. "Then this is going to come as quite a big disappointment."

Gerard walks over to a pipe, turning the knob of it to one side, steam quickly shooting out as all the werewolves let out coughs.

"What have you done?" Deucalion asks.

"They attacked you?" Allison asks as she leans her back up from her seat. "It was an ambush."

"One of the earliest weapons used by man was the spiked mace." Gerard says as he picks one up himself. "I've made one of my own. I'd love to get your opinion on it."

As Gerard looks back at one of Deucalion's men, he frowns and dodges the spiked mace at his face, making the guy go straight to the ground.

Gerard continues to hit the men with the spiked mace, hearing Deucalion's voice. "Your own people."

"They wanted peace, too." Gerard says. "Look what you did to them."

Deucalion tries to escape as Gerard paces around.

"So did she turn?" Zoey asks. "She should have." Peter nods at her. "Most of the time, the bite takes. Most of the time."

"When you offered it to me, you said "if it doesn't kill you..." Stiles says, looking over at him as the other two keep his eyes on him.

"If."

Peter opens the doors to the Nemeton, walking down a few steps to see Derek and Paige up against the roots of the tree.

"What's happening to her?" Derek asks his uncle.

"He knew the answer, though. It didn't matter that she was young and strong. Some people just aren't made for this."