"Well, I'd say clothes. But if you prefer none, I'm perfectly fine-" he teased.

I gaped at him, my eyes wide. I reached forward and slapped his arm while he laughed, "You're so gross! But I'm serious, what do I need to wear? Are we going to be outside? Inside? Somewhere fancy?"

He picked up one of my chips and ate it. "Um...dress warmly."

"Is that all the information I'm going to get?" I asked him.

"Well, yeah." He said obviously.

"Oh, c'mon, is it really going to be a surprise?" I whined a little.

He shook his head. "No, it's not a surprise. I'm just simply not going to tell you."

"Ugh, you're killing me." I groaned. I reached for the drink we were sharing and took a drink out of it. He pulled his hands over the sleeves of his large, v neck sweater he was wearing today that showed off his visible collarbones. To be honest, his outfit was so freaking adorable today that I almost couldn't tear my eyes away.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Bates asked me curiously, pulling me from the daze I was in while looking at him.

"I like this sweater on y-you," I noted nervously, my hand going to grip the ends of the sleeves. My eyes were trained on his thumb that was beggining to draw patters on my hand slowly.

Just before he could say anything, Jessie and Jonas plopped down at the table. "I'm so going to fail that test," Jonas said, laying his head down on the table with a loud groan.

"I'd try to be encouraging and wish you good luck, but when I was trying to help him earlier you couldn't remember shit." Jessie shook his head at a groaning Jonas.

I looked over Jonas. He had his head in his hands. "I'm so gonna mess it up so bad, guys."

Snickering, Jessie muttered, "That's what she said." They both laughed, Bates smiling faintly at them.

"I can help you," I suggest, trying to make him feel a bit better after their laughter died down. "I'm studying tonight for the test."

"You'd do that for me?" Jonas asked, looking over at me with a surprised expression.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"Why?" He asked, grabbing the bag of chips Bates and I were sharing and munching on them.

"I don't want you to fail it. And I know you don't either. Plus, I know you'd hate to fail that class and have to take tenth grade over."

"Okay. What time can I come over?" He asked me.

"Um, maybe four or something." I said.

"Is it okay if I go too?" Bates blurted out suddenly, I looked over at him and he was already staring at me.

"Yeah, you can." I answered Bates.

"Aw, now I'll be all alone." Jessie pouts.

Jonas rolls his eyes. "Boo hoo. I'll be back in time for us to play some Call Of Duty, okay?" This cheers Jessie up, he smiles and begins to eat some more food.

"Hey Landon," Jessie gets my attention. "Where's Alice been?" A frown has settled on his features and he furrows his eyebrows similar like Bates usually does.

"Um," I bite my lip, blinking, and looking away. "She's been kinda s-sick."

"Oh, well we all should go visit her!" Jessie said. "Do you know her favorite flower? I'm sure she'll love the ones I'd buy for her. Plus, does she like chocolate? That would probably make her feel ten times better than the flowers would. Right?"