Today is the Day.

SONG ATTACHED IN THE MEDIA PLACE UP TOP BOYS AND GIRLS.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'll pick you up when you fall down, if you meet me halfway~

Seamus runs a hand through his tangled blonde locks as he sits on the small couch in the garage where Eddie and his band are going to practice.  He sighs quietly, asking himself why he's even here when he could be at home...in bed...moping...okay maybe it is better that he's here where he can't do anything stupid.  

"Seamoose?" 

Said man looks up at Eddie in acknowledgement as the singer continues adjusting the microphone stand.  

"You ready to have your mind blown? I sorta wrote this song with you in mind..."  Eddie smiles softly at Seamus, which Seamus barely manages to return with a microscopic grin.  This makes the smile slowly fade from Eddie's face, and soon he clears his throat and begins the song.  The deep guitar and bass riffs cause vibrations along the walls and floor, resonating in Seamus's chest.  

I need your attention and a little of your time.

I won't fail to mention that the problem here lies deep inside

Take my word for what it's worth, I believe in you...

Sly sings directly to Seamus from the very beginning of the song, making him squirm a little from all the focus.  But it quickly disappears with the next few lines of the song as his discomfort is replaced with reminiscent sadness.  

I'll pick you up when you fall down, if you meet me halfway...

"James was supposed to do that.  He said he loved me.  He promised he didn't care whether or not I had anxiety problems...he said he would help me," Seamus thought silently to himself.  "It's been 3 months already, dammit.  Why am I still thinking about that asshole?  He dumped me for some chick, he's a liar and a pervert." 

In numbers there is strength to overcome any and all obstacles...

Seamus's eyes connect with Eddie's as he comes out of his thinking state, causing a little shiver to go down the blonde's spine.  "The song is right, maybe I just need someone else to help me out.  Maybe the one who wrote a fucking song for me..."

Eddie continues to sing seriously, getting into the music by closing his eyes and swaying his body to the slower beat of the music.  He looks directly at Seamus while singing, 

Life's repetition, only you can change it's course.  

Identify the issues, take initiative and break it's curse. 

Take my word, for what it's worth, I believe in you...

Seamus finds himself slowly tapping his fingers to the heavy drum beat in the background of the song, surprised that he was actually enjoying something for the first time in a long time.  James had really fucked him up, but the Irish man was beginning to think that a certain Latino could change that...

Today is the day!

Seamus snaps out of his daze due to the change in volume and rhythm of the song, looking up from his shoes to see Sly jumping up and down and waving the microphone around as the faster part of the song starts.  He chuckles slightly at the man's adorable behavior as he loves  seeing him do something he's so passionate about.  

Today is the day!  I believe in myself!

Today is the day!  I'll defeat all my enemies!

Today is the day!  I won't give up this time!

Today is the day!  That I'll take what is mine!

Today is the day!  I'm finally over you! 

Today is the day!  When I think of me first! 

Today is the day!  Of the rest of my life...

Something powerful and warm starts to swell in Seamus's chest, and he feels himself break out into a huge smile as Sly goes back to singing the final chorus.  As the song ends, Sly's smile matches the one on the other man's face and he quickly moves over to the couch to sweep Seamus up in a tight hug that he's been wanting to feel since Seamus arrived that morning.  

"So...what did you think of my song for you, Sea?" Sly questions as he tucks a stray golden hair behind Seamus's ear and moves his arm back down to rest on his best friend's shoulders where it was previously.  

Seamus replies by softly singing a line from the song, almost so soft that Eddie can't hear, "Two heads can figure this out...", causing Eddie to adopt a shocked expression that morphs into one of pure elation and adoration for the man who currently had his arms wrapped around his waist and his head on his shoulder.  Said man looks up at Sly, smiling so softly, eyes reflecting every ounce of joy that was present in his new found love's eyes as well.  

Eddie can't help but to duck his head down quickly to connect their slightly rough yet warm lips as he rubbed the pad of his thumb over Seamus's cheek lovingly.  When they slowly disconnect after a few seconds, Sly sings back, "I'll pick you up when you fall down..." before kissing the blonde once more.  

"I'd never do what James did to you, Sea.  I just want you to be happy and to find someone who will love you unconditionally and eternally..." Sly looks down at his feet, but his face is quickly moved up by Seamus's fingers underneath his chin.  

"I think I just found him." 

The pair kiss softly once more, lips moving in sync for a while longer than the previous kisses, and as the two pull apart they both say, "I love you" simultaneously.  This causes a fit of giggles to erupt from both of their mouths.  Sly looks into Seamus's shining blue eyes once more, seeing oceans of untapped compassion and life.  

"I love you, Sea."

"I love you too, Eddie." 

~~~~~~~~~~

SOrry quick little bloop here, I love james but he needed to be the bad guy here for reasons.  And I know the timeline is a little weird but pretend this is a sorta AU ok? Ok. Thanks you beautiful tacos. Love to you alls. 

-Abbi :{3