Chapter 4: There's the Stupid and there's the Mean

Chapter 4 There's the Stupid and There's the Mean

recap:

I flooded myself in the golden light when the men got right in front of me. I remembered all the other times I had been cornered by my mother and was beaten. I shook off these thoughts and focused on one thing souly, pain.

"Don't touch me," I warned," I don't want to hurt you." 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One man stepped forward and spoke," You aren't able to harm us. Dr. James says that you don't even know what your power is yet." The man stepped closer and gripped my arm but before he could take me anywhere I let down all the pain  I was suppressing and he fell to a heap on the kitchen floor.

"Any one next?" I asked and the other two guys simultaneously looked at each other and charged toward me.

"Wrong answer." I said and let the pain stream through my arms as they grabbed each one. I don't have to actually feel the pain to transmit it, but when I do feel it the difference is that I can't stop it from going to some one else, that is why I have gloves on usually, but I was lucky I wore a tank top today for picking apples so my arms are helpful.

 The men fell to the  floor as spasming lumps next to their friend.

I took this as an opportunity for me to look into their minds and find out why they were here. I can do anything with the human mind really, read it, transfer emotions, send out ideas, or even talk to it.Anything.

I looked into the first smart ass's mind and found it was about as useful as a lump of spaghetti, I'll give you a hint on why, right now he is wondering why cats have whiskers and if frogs are really alien pets. This is by far the stupidest mind I have ever seen. Though frogs are green and really I think that  cats just wanna be macho and have mustaches of their own. I left his mind, but not before wistfully petting my upper lip, wishing I had a mustache.

I look at one of the other men who had approached me second, the one with a hazel eye color rather than blue, I learned his name as Seth and he is also the twin of the third guy. He was instead thinking of porno posters that were glued to his, very large and black, bedroom. I rolled my eyes at these typical player thoughts and searched for one name, James. The mind is organised as a type of google, you can just speak the word to the mind and it will come up with different answers. I am not quite good at it since I don't use it often, it is a huge invasion of privacy, so the word jam came up a lot. Finally I found a file named Dr.James's latest mission.

I eased into the memory, it playing before me like a movie.

--Seth's POV

"Yeah Dr?" I asked, slightly irritated at him for interrupting my game of COD with Seb.

"I have another mission for you guys." James said.

"Why don't you just send the other team? You had us get Mackenzie last month."  I didn't want to admit it but that girl had been a piece of work, she was as crazy as can be, she wished she could have a mustache! And like a  cat none the less, I didn't even think they had mustaches!

"Yes but you four have ages varying from 17-20 and this girl is only 17 she is going to run from the older men in suits."

"What does she look like?" asked Logan who  was a player  like me, we were nearly alike in every way except eye color.

The man slid a picture across the table of a stunning  girl, the most magnificent thing were her eyes, the iris's were a brilliant gold, her hair also looked like it was spun from rays of sunlight. She was also greatly gifted in the bosom area and her upper chest.