Family

"We're home!" Masaomi shouted as he and Hana stepped out of the elevator and they were greeted with many smiling faces.

Hana suddenly felt very self-conscious about her worn out clothes, ratty messenger bag,  old stuffed fox, and the various scrapes and bruises.

She was especially self-conscious about the very large bruise that started just above the shoulder and ended just below her elbow, although it looked like it went on longer because her sling was covering the end point. She hid behind Masaomi.

A girl with brown hair tied in a side-ponytail walked up to Hana and kindly said, "Hi! I'm Ema, welcome home." Hana bowed "Th-thank you for w-welcoming  m-me." She stuttered. Ema smiled and replied, "You don't need to bow here, we are family." Hana started to stand up when she bumped into someone behind her.

"Eep!" She squeaked as she turned around, jumped back, and covered her head with her hand as if she thought he would strike her.

He instead patted her head. Hana looked up to see a handsome blonde man in monks robes. "Hello, Imoto-chan." He said in a sinfully smooth voice. "You can come to my room to say prayers any day."

Hana's cheeks burned as he once again hid behind Masaomi. "Kaname..." Masaomi said, shaking his head.

"Onee-chan! Onee-chan!" Rang the voice of a little boy who was running towards Hana. "Hi! My name is Wataru. Do you think we can play later?!" He asked excitedly, Hana smiled at him and tousled his hair. "Of coarse we can, Wataru!" She replied happily

All of a sudden, a mischievous looking white haired guy with a birthmark under his left eye pulled her into a warm hug, causing her to wince in pain. Even though he was careful to avoid her left arm he had no idea of the large, angry bruise on the middle of her back due to the strong kick her father had given her days earlier.

"Tsubaki, stop it." A strong man with a strangely familiar voice pulled Tsubaki off her. He looked just like Tsubaki, except for the fact that his birthmark was on the right side of his face, he had glasses, and he had dark hair with a navy tint.

"What's up, Azusa?" Tsubaki asked, confused. His voice was also very familiar. "She winced." Azusa replied.
Tsubaki turned to me, his face full of concern. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked looking her over.

Hana's cheeks turned red again.
"N-nothing! I'm fine." She squeaked. Tsubaki grinned when she said this. "Oh how cute! She has an Irish accent! And a pretty one at that!" Hana's whole face turned beat red. "Hey Natsume!" Tsubaki called across the room, "She's Irish-Japanese! It's so cute!"

Even though he looked almost nothing like Tsubaki and Azusa, he had the same violet eyes and the same birthmark, although his was on his chin. His hair was almost the same color as Hana's.

Natsume walked over and stood by Azusa. "Hello, I am Natume." He introduced him self in a deep, down to the point voice. "H-hello," Hana half whispered. "It was nice meeting you, Hana. Now Azusa, Tsubaki, could I talk to you for a moment? In there?" He asked as he nodded toward door that Hana assumed lead to the kitchen.

Tsubaki pouted and waved good-bye to Hana as he trudged after Natume, Azusa followed after Tsubaki.

Hana then started looking around at the place she would call home.

"So, you're the new recruit, huh?" Hana turned to see a boy about one year her junior scowling at her. She backed away, which only made the boy step closer. "H-hi I'm H-Hana, w-what's your n-name?" She struggled to get these words out as fear overcame her. The strange boy laughed, and then he just stared at her. "You seriously don't know?!" He asked, Hana shook her head. "Wow, you must be more stupid than I thought." He remarked coldly. Hana hung her head instead of responding.

"Futo!"  Scolded a deep voice from behind, scaring Hana so much that she lost her footing and landed in the arms of the man the voice belonged to, causing her to drop her stuffed fox.

"Kuma-chan!"  She cried as she scrambled to pick up the poor animal. Futo laughed at this, and Hana's cheeks burned red. "A fox named 'bear'? How hilariously stupid!" He exclaimed. Hana hung her head once again. "Futo. stop." The man said forcefully. "Fine,  sheesh. Someone can't take a joke." Futo scoffed as he trotted up the stairs.

"Sorry about that, Futo can be a little rude at times."  The man said as he smiled at Hana. "Oh that's alright..." Hana whispered as she looked down at her ratty old too-big sneakers.

"I'm Ukyo. I-..." He was cut short by a passing Kaname, who said, "He's the mother of the house." Ukyo shot Kaname the evil-eye before turning back to Hana. "I take care of most of the cooking and cleaning while Mewa is away." He handed her a stylish teal  jacket. "Ema bought this for you. She was going to give it to you later, but she thought you looked cold."

He gazed at her half-full messenger bag and stuffed fox, "Would you like me to put your things in your room?" He asked kindly. "Dinner will start soon and Ema and Wataru want to show you your room personally."

Hana looked out the window and quietly said, "I wouldn't want to impose," "Nonsence," Ukyo replied. "We're family." And with that he whisked away with Hana's bag and beloved Kuma-chan. Leaving her staring at the first gift she had ever received.

Hana got a chance to meet all of her new brothers; Iori gave her a pale pink rose. He told her it meant 'joy'. Yuusuke awkwardly said welcome. Which was more than enough to Hana. Hikaru explained that he normally dressed as a woman, although he was dressed as a man tonight. This didn't even phase Hana, she was just happy that he was nice. Subaru offered to teach her basketball as soon as she got better. Hana was overjoyed to accept. And finally Louis filled her in on the brothers occupations and order from youngest to oldest, so she wouldn't get too frazzled.

And finally, Ema walked into the room from the door that Natume, Tsubaki, and Azusa had disappeared through earlier. "Dinner's ready!" She exclaimed with a smile and she held the door open for everyone.

As Hana passed by she abruptly hugged Ema. "Thank you so much." The brothers and Ema had never seen such a touching reaction from receiving a simple jacket.

Tsubaki leaned his head out of the door frame to see why everything had suddenly gone silent. "Oh how cute! Ukyo can we keep her? Can we?!" He squealed like a fangirl. Ukyo nodded.

"You're welcome." Ema softy replied to Hana. "Hey, did you know that there are secret pockets inside?" Hana's eyes widened as she looked inside the jacket to find four barely noticeable pockets. She stared at them, flabbergasted.

"Now, shall we have dinner?" Ema asked sweetly. Hana nodded and followed Ema into the dining room.

The table was set with more food than Hana had ever seen in one place. She stood amazed at the people she would call family and the place she would call home.