The bookstore

Words: 1660
Genre: it's kind of fluffy but has a little bit of angst I suppose
Warnings: brief mention of alcohol and having no parents. It shouldn't be anything more then that

Dan Howell always walked passed that wonderful  little store on his way home from work. It took him longer to get to his flat but the store made him happy, not only the thousands of books, the thousands of worlds hid in that little building he also loved the atmosphere there... It was like a cosy home with fireplaces and the smell of something in the oven(most certainly something sweet). But most of all he loved the cashier. The way his eyes seemed to glow, his adorable laugh, his adorable personality. He was way out of Dan's league, he knew that but he loved to be with him(or well look at him) he was the first one in Dan's life to make him feel this way and even though he knew it was wrong he couldn't resist.
And as normally he opened the door(which had a huge police box sign) and the familiar sound of the bell echoed through the room. The smell of apple pie was slowly but surely spreading to his nostrils and he inhaled and smiled but quickly stopped as he realised his dimples were showing.
Dan shyly walked in and nearly fell to his death on some books and that laid on the floor. He walked over to the massive bookcases and looked at them. He studied all books in that particular shelf like his life depended on it, he stood there just looking, and looking at those book. Finally he saw something he liked. Dan took out the boom from it's place and studied it carefully, he read the title "Every Day" by David Levithan and smiled as he knew he had found the right book.
He paid for the book and blushed as he paid the black-haired boy and completely forgot how to talked(those blue eyes had cursed him) and ran out of there completely red.
~*~
It was a sunny Sunday and the sky was completely blue, there was not a single little cloud on it and it was so hot that Dan thought he was going to melt to a black, little emo spot right there in the middle of London.
He had his headphones plugged in and blasting music as high as his ear would take without breaking and was in his on bubble, minding his own business. He suddenly felt his body hitting something and Dan being a fanfiction nerd he was hoping he would look up and see his dream prince(or princess, he liked both but preferred boys). He slowly looked up and saw... a trash can.
Dan sighed loudly and looked around him. He was in a quite area full of brick houses with perfect gardens. At the end of the street there was a park and even though there were many children there was no screaming or crying to be heard. Dan hadn't realised how far from his cozy room(and Netflix) he was. His phone was playing.
He felt so out of place here, like the dead rose in a vase of red and beautiful roses.
He let his music drown him as he decided to go home.
~*~
Dan knew he was ungrateful. He had a roof over his head and food on his plate. For most kids who had no parents(like him) living with a relative might seem like a good idea, he could live someone he had heard of before his parents accident. And oh god had he heard much about Uncle Thomas. "He drinks to much, he is rude I see why he has no partner" and so on. At first Dan thought what they said was just rumours, but as they say, you learn from your mistakes and it was certainly a mistake to trust Thomas. He was never home and when he was all he did was drinking. Dan couldn't wait until he could get out of London, maybe move to a small town or... quite possibly maybe another country. He had been working his arse off as a waiter and his parents had left a little money for him to go to collage and he could totally use those too. He had dreams, and hopes about his future life. And finally he could afford to move. Dan had planned everything out in as much detail as he could. He was moving to Gothenburg in Sweden, he didn't speak any Swedish at all but that was kind of the challenge of it, and he was technically 18 so it was legal for him to move there. Now the only the thing left was to say  goodbye to everyone and his birth country. He didn't have any friends from school and no family at all... sadly the only thing he would miss would be the bookstore(and the cashier). He was leaving tomorrow and hadn't told anyone about it, his bags were already packed and he had decided, his last goodbye would be to the blue-eyed boy.
His last night in London was a cold August night, the sky was a light shade of grey and the stars shone with a pale, yet strong light. In the air you could feel autumn coming and even though he was in London the coldness of the air made it feel easy to breathe and it was sort of fresh.
Dan went up to the blue door and opened it for the last time. For the last time he smiled at the books, for the last time inhaled the smell of something in the oven. For the last time he smiled at the boy.
He didn't really know what to do so for a Dan just stood there looking out of place, but suddenly he moved and went up to the guy(his named tag said he was called "Phil")
-So... Phil why are you working this late. Dan said in the most casually voice he could.
-Well I could ask you the same thing Mr...? He said and smiled slightly
-Dan, and you sir are avoiding my question.
-Well that is what I do I suppose, avoid things I mean. I avoid real life by spending time here.... It's my escape
-I like escapes they are great. Dan smiled a bit, this conversation was going oddly good
-Yeah they are...
Dan closed his eyes and was enjoying this moment which he had been waiting for for so long, he was finally talking to his crush.
Suddenly something soft touched his lips and he opened his eyes and melted inside as he saw that the one and only Phil who had been Dan's crush for around a year now was kissing him. Dan looked at Phil's blue eyes and could feel himself melting. He wanted to stay like this for awhile
The two boys stopped kissing instead they started talking about everything and everybody and they were laughing so hard that non of them could breath.
Dan was really enjoying himself and alms it forgot about his plane... Almost
-Phil I am really sorry but I have to go now
-What? But I was enjoying myself so much. he said laughing loudly once more
-Yeah so was I. Dan mumbled and started walking out of the shop.
-Mr Daniel how dare you?
-Dare what?
-How dare you not to hug me and promise me you will come back.
Dan smiled at his cuteness and hugged him.
-I promise. he was really hoping he was telling the truth because this was the most fun he had ever had
-Good, now off you go.
~*~
Living in Sweden was hard. Especially if you don't speak Swedish and can't really find a job, therefore Dan decided to get a flatmate. He was really lucky because he ended up with this really cool dude named "Felix Kjellberg" who played a lot of computer games. He was fun and always a laugh but he kind of missed Phil... even though he didn't really know him that well. Felix worked with this thing called "YouTube" and life was not all that easy, but it was most certainly better then his old life.
With Felix being a "YouTuber" it came kind of natural for Dan to start his own channel too. He called himself "Danisnotonfire" and tried to be funny and at the same time bring up important issues. They were both very excited when they got invited to a meet up in London.
~*~
The crowd was cheering for him and he Dan waved a little.
"Welcome up on stage... AmazingPhil, Pewdiepie, SprinkleOfGlitter and Danisnotonfire" said a voice coming from the speakers which the arena was totally covered with
Dan and Felix smiled at each other and walked up to the stage with YouTubers they ha never heard of.
The crowd was cheering and Dan felt so, so, so happy and he didn't think he had ever smiled this much.
He looked at the others on the stage, it was him and Felix, a (really attractive) girl with blonde hair and pink tips and a tall guy(almost as tall as Dan actually) with black hair. Dan immediately recognised that man as the cashier he had a crush on six years back.
"They will now play would you rather... Everyone interested go to stage one, I repeat, stage one"
It was great and even though things were a little bit awkward between "amazingPhil"(that was what they called him right?) and Dan it was still really fun and when the game was over all of the YouTube on stage had to dance a "cringe dance".
Dan walked off stage and awkwardly tried to stay away from Phil since he hadn't mentioned to Phil that he was moving nor did he keep his promise to come back.
-Hey... Dan. Phil said and scratched his neck
Dan turned around to see just the person he was trying to avoid.
-Hi Phil.
-Why did you not keep your promise?
-Well, it's a long story
-I have got plenty of time

An: yeah so that kind of sucked... English isn't my first language and yeah. But this is my first story that I have ever finished so I am posting it anyways yey