two

I closed my eyes and listened to my music as we drove to the airport. I was nervous, not sure why I was, but I was. Valerie had been talking to Alex for a full year now. She's mentioned this boy 'Ethan' a few times, but I usually brushed it off, considering that I am in a relationship. His name is Matthew. Ever since we got together about a month ago, I haven't been thinking about boys lately. Why would I need to? The car hit a bump and my eyes shot open. I looked around at the scenery. The sun was about to set. We have been driving all day. I don't know what she had planned for their visit. All I knew was that they'd be staying for three weeks. I spotted a sign as a Simple Plan song started to play. 'Airport Next Right' it read. I gulped and looked over at Valerie. She looked overjoyed. She really likes Alex, and I can tell she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I decided to leave her alone with her thoughts. I took a deep breath and sat back as she turned right.

I saw the airport sign and I grew more nervous that I was before. I took an earbud out and sat up a little. "You nervous?" Valerie asked me. I laughed. "Psssh. No. I honestly could care less." I snapped,  taking my other earbud out. She chuckled a bit. "Okay, whatever you say." She pulled into the parking lot. "The fuck is that supposed to mean?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "Well, you've been jittery ever since we saw the airport sign, so I just assumed-" "-You know not to assume things about me, Val." I interrupted. She threw her hands up in defense."You're right. I'm sorry." She said, smiling a little. She knew I was nervous. She could read things like that. As she parked the car I opened the door and got out of the car. My foot hit the cement and I grew more impatient. I looked around and scoped out the place. I stood before a huge building. It looked very elegant and fancy, it looked nothing like any airport I've ever seen before. Valerie stepped out of the car and locked it. Her phone went off. "Alex and Ethan are in the lobby waiting for us." She said, grabbing me by my arm and dragging me inside. "Eager much?" I laughed. I yanked my arm out of her clutch and opened the door. We pushed through the crowd. I spotted two boys by the emergency exit. I knew it was them because of Valerie's reaction. "Alex!" She screamed, running towards him. He hugged her tight. I walked behind them, standing there awkwardly. "Well, alright. I'll stand here." I spoke softly, stepping aside. The other boy laughed. "Hi, I'm Ethan. Ethan Cutkosky." He said, walking closer to me. I smiled a little. "I'm Lennon Hall." I put my hand out to shake his. He shook my hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you." He bit his lip. "Has Valerie told you a lot about me?" He asked. I laughed. "She said that you were a boy." I joked. He nodded. "Last time I checked, yes." I couldn't help but laugh. "That's good to know." I rolled my eyes, smiling. 

Valerie and Alex pulled back from their extended hug. "So, are we just going to stand here or are we gonna go get food?" I asked. Valerie laughed. "Alex, this is my best friend, Lennon." She said, pointing to me. I nodded, waving. "Cool name, dude." Alex responded. I nodded. "My dad was a huge beatles fan, and he got to name the second kid." I smirked. "But seriously can we go get something to eat? I'm fucking starving." I said to Valerie. She rolled her eyes. "I guess." She spoke. "Thank you." I laughed. I turned on my heel walking towards the crowd once more. "Damn." I heard Ethan say. I heard him walk up behind me. "Look, Ethan. I'm not interested." I held up my hand. "I am." He responded, looking me up and down. "I have a boyfriend." I looked away. "I'll wait." He said. I tensed up and walked out the door.