❀~Love At First Sight~❀

It was currently August, and a fantastic heatwave had swept across Europe. This rather unexpected blast of heat had resulted in the day being a beautiful, azure sky which had no clouds drifting lazily along it. The streets of Sweden were swarming with the civillians who had decided to savour the glorious weather whilst it lasted. And amongst that crowd, somewhere, was Tino Väinämöinen. He had decided to move to Sweden for a short while until he returned to his true home; Finland. 

The blonde had been venturing through these crowds in order to make his way to a library in the center of the town. It wasn't very usual for him to become engaged in novels, but one in particular had intrigued him so much that he couldn't put it down. It was a wonderful tale, and he had recently discovered that it wouldn't end on the cliffhanger he was furious with, and that there was a sequel. After almost being barged off of the concrete path by a gaggle of ecstatic children, Tino finally made it to the large doors of the building he had been seeking. A blast of welcoming, cool air escaped through the doors when he pushed them apart, causing him to walk in with a skip in his step. His eyes scanned the archives, from where he stood, until they met the librarian. The fact that the library seemed almost empty surprised him, as there were so many people around tending to their daily business.  Believing it would be quicker to find the book, Tino strode to the librarian.

"Excuse me?" He called out to her, in his jolly manner. The employee lifted her head to gaze at Tino, with a rather tired look on her face. 

"What is it?" She replied, sounding incredibly bored.

"I'm looking for a book." After informing her of the book's name, she flicked her hand into the direction of where his prized book lay. He instantly rotated and began to walk in that exact direction, muttering a few words of appreciation. Eventually, he arrived, and was rather ashamed of himself that he had missed it's location. The author of the book had a whole little section for hisself, and Tino frankly wasn't surprised. He was a world-wide best seller; and his books had won many awards. His fingers trailed delicately along the spines of the variety of novels and short stories, and to his dismay, the book he desired was on the very top shelf; out of his reach. Firstly, he outstretched his hands to reach it, which apparently didn't work. Then, he stood on his tip toes, and it was just a few inches away. It seemed that he couldn't get it at all, when he felt something wrap around his waist, or rather someone. He could feel his face heat up as his feet left the floor, and the book was now fully in reach.  Whoever was holding him, was surely rather soft with his grip; it was comforting to the Finn. Not planning on letting this rather confusingly awkward opportunity slip, he grabbed the book and twisted his torso to see who had him in his grip. 

His own eyes met the most stern glare he had witnessed, and he'd be lying to say it didn't frighten him. Has it just became warm all of a sudden or is it just me? He contemplated, as he continued to examine the man who held him. He appeared to be very tall, and that was rather obvious as he had just lifted Tino. A pair of glasses laid on the bridge of the mysterious man's nose, and his blonde hair swept mildly to the right of his head. Tino couldn't resist finding this unusual man a mixture of both terrifying and handsome. There was something about this particular person, that just made him click, and he no longer felt awkward being lifted by him. But something was causing him to feel edgy about the situation, and that was that he hadn't spoken; he'd just stared. 

"Oh! Sorry, I was a little surprised then, thank you for helping me reach the book!" He chimed and forced a smile. All that was returned was an intimidating stare. Tino decided to try again to talk to him, completely unsure what to think of the whole situation and the fact that this stranger was still holding him in his arms. "I really appreciate the help, I don't think I would've been able to reach it without your help." He blurted out.

"You're welcome." The man finally returned, in a very deep, almost muffled voice. Tino was clueless why, but he really didn't want to be put back down. His inner voice was begging to know what was hiding behind the eyes of stone that gazed into his own. 

"I'm Tino. If you don't mind, may I know your na-"

"Berwald." Placing Tino back down, Berwald interupted him, as if he knew what he was going to say.

"Ah, it's nice to meet you... thank you for the help once again." Tino shifted his legs and adjusted to standing again, rather disappointed that Berwald has put him back down. Tino was about to say something again, when he was cut off again, by what seemed to be a child shouting. 

"I... need to go." The Swede murmured, and turned his head to look away from the Finn.

Is he... blushing?

"Oh." Tino replied, but deep down he didn't want him to leave. "Will you be here tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Same time?"

"Yes." 

And with that last word, Berwald turned and began to leave, and Tino watched. Once he reached the end of the aisle of books, he couldn't help but see Ber's hand reach out and a smaller one grab it, though he couldn't see who it was. 

With a warm, unfamiliar feeling invading his heart, Tino turned in the opposite direction and left.