Part Two

[smut in this part.]

For awhile, things were awkward between Eleanor and Louis. Of course they were, as Louis had to spend lots of time wondering if he could trust Eleanor. Which the girl understood completely. She had cheated on him right when he bought a ring for her. It was hard to trust someone who had broken your heart before.

But, as time went on, Eleanor and Louis grew close again. They loved to hang out and watch movies and play video games. It was nice to have a best friend again.

Although, Eleanor wanted more. Louis didn't seem to want a relationship anymore, but Eleanor wanted to get engaged to Louis. she wished she had never screwed up in the first place so that they could have a future together. Eleanor was certain, though, that she was never going to get a second chance with Louis. He looked like he simply liked being single. And Eleanor wasn't going to try to ruin Louis's happiness again.

Eleanor sighed from Louis's couch, picking at her nails. "Hey, manservant, is lunch ready yet?" she asked teasingly, looking over at Louis with an innocent smile on her face.

"The more you complain, the longer it'll take," Louis replied as he continued stirring the homemade soup on the stove. It was one of the few things he could actually cook. A family recipe he learned from his mum that he made for Eleanor often, knowing the girl loved it. Although, she tended to tease him and say his mum's tasted better. "These things take time."

"That's because you suck at cooking. I wish your mum was here," Eleanor teased, getting up to go into the kitchen. She smiled when she saw the soup. "Looks really good. Like you've improved."

Louis chuckled and continued cooking. "I'm glad you think so. I've been cooking for a good hour for you."

Eleanor hummed and kissed Louis's cheek. "Well, thank you, Louis. I'll cook you something tomorrow. Okay?" she asked, smiling up at him.

Louis nodded with a smile. "I've always enjoyed your cooking."

Eleanor smiled wide. "Okay. Yay. So you're not doing anything tomorrow, then? We can hang out?" she asked.

Louis was about to answer when he suddenly remembered. "Oh, fuck. No, I can't. I have plans. Maybe another day?"

Eleanor's smile faltered a little bit. "Oh. Okay. Niall lonely ever since Jade broke up with him?" she asked, giggling a little.

Louis chuckled and shook his head. "Nah. I'm spending time with someone else."

Eleanor quirked an eyebrow. "Someone else? Louis Tomlinson, are you seeing someone?" she asked. She played it off as teasing, but she was genuinely worried.

Louis just chuckled as he turned the stove off. "Lunch is done," he said instead of answering.

Eleanor's smile dropped completely. She looked down at the ground, blinking away tears. "Thanks," she murmured, grabbing a bowl and serving herself some soup.

Eleanor didn't talk much for the time that they ate. After helping clean up, Eleanor just wanted to disappear.

"I'm, uh, gonna start heading out. Okay? My dog needs to be let out and all that," Eleanor said, smiling a tight smile. "Bye, Louis."

Louis smiled back, unaware of Eleanor's feelings. "See you. I'll text you later so we can hang out again another day."

Eleanor nodded numbly, opening up the door and leaving. She let out a shaky breath as she leaned back against the door, tears coming to her eyes. As much as she tried to pretend like it was nothing, it all definitely seemed like the end of whatever Eleanor and Louis had.