Chapter 54- Emotions Run High

Start from the beginning

"Why outside?" I ask him.

"In case you decided to express your thoughts loudly." He says, as if he thought about this clearly already.

"Just wait until I put Colton down, then we can talk. OK?" I tell him, shifting Colton around anyways to start burping him.

"Fair enough." He agrees.

"Hey Paisley. When is your friend Adam coming back? He told me about this really cool app, it was a game, and he said it was really hard and he was stuck on a level, and I already beat the level he was on. I wanted to ask him if he passed it." SJ says, still mind focused into the game. SJ is a bit of a video game addict, sad for a kid his age, but I guess I also saw it as him completing a challenge. He loves beating others, and he loves competition.

"I don't know. I'll have to see what he's up to and invite him over." I tell SJ, cautiously choosing my words with JC beside me so he didn't blow a fuse. The Adam topic is still a sensitive conversation. Yet still, I don't mention anything about him with other girls, so lay off me dude.

"Fair enough." He says, repeating JC's words earlier. Either he was paying attention to our conversation earlier or he's hanging around JC way too much.

I place a snoozing Colton in his play pen on the other side of the room with his blankets around him, "SJ, don't wake up Colton he's right here sleeping." I warn him, pointing to Colton across the room. "Let me know if he wakes up, alright? I'll just be right outside." I tell him.

"Yeah, yeah go talk about your private stuff." He tell me. Yep, he was so listening to our conversation earlier.

I wave over to JC to follow me, exiting from the front door. Since my parents have yet to put the chairs back on the front porch after the winter months we had to settle with sitting on the floor of the porch. That is if we were going to sit. JC seemed like he wanted to stand and talk.

"Alright, shoot. What do you want to talk about that you think will get me riled up?" I ask, leaning against the house as he leaned back against the post.

"Exactly what SJ just brought up a couple of minutes ago back there." He says, straight to the point. I fight the urge to roll my eyes at him. Not this again. We've already talked about this so many times.

"JC, can you stop bringing this up? I've told you already we're just friends." I tell him, rubbing a hand down my exhausted face. If I was really skipping a nap for this conversation I'm not going to be too happy about it.

"Really? Just friends? Because I'm your friend and you don't see me kissing you on the cheek or hugging you all the time, or calling you to say good night- and we have a son together!" He points out, looking at me wide eye.

"Your point?" I ask, ready to end this conversation the second he started raising his voice about it, because he always got loud when we talked about Adam's place in my life, not the other way around. I didn't loudly voice my thoughts.

"The guy, first of all has a crazy messed up life. I mean, I thought I was messed up, but my ex fiancé isn't haven't my dead brother's baby." He starts off.

"JC I told you that in confidence to make you realize that probably nothing could go on with Adam and I because of that. Stop bringing it up, I don't think I should have even told you." I tell him, groaning about it.

"Then stop leading him on. Stop calling him over or letting him be all over you like that if you don't want a relationship to happen." He warns me, like he's my mother or something.

"Who says I don't want a relationship with him?-"

"You just did!-"

"No, I said nothing wouldn't happen because of the situation. I think I would like to form a more meaningful relationship with Adam, but do I think that's going to happen? No, because I have a son, and I'm still trying to figure my own things out, and he has his life to figure out too." I explain to him more clearly for the umpteenth time.