Chapter 32: Forever and Always No Matter What and The Baby Gender or Genders

A/N: I added a song for this chapter it is called Forever and Always by Parachute. There is another song I want to add too and here is the link:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km75Pc0YzdQ . This other song is called Kiss Me Slowly also by Parachute. Enjoy.                                                                        

                                                                            4 months later

I was now 6 months pregnant and you could definitely tell I was huge but I could still walk pretty fast when I needed to. I was moved back to the pediatric unit for now since I was pregnant and it wasn't as hectic plus I didn't get stressed. Just then I got the call from Alexis. Why is she calling me,I wondered she knew that I was at work today and it is her day off. I answered and thought wait she wouldn't be calling me unless something was wrong. I answered. Hello,I choked out my voice breaking. Izzie,I went over to your guys's house when Mary-Kate called me telling me that Joseph needed help and she needed to hurry because they couldn't take care of Bailey forever on their own,so panicking I drove over as fast as I could,she said. Joseph,he fell in the kitchen there was a piece of ice that had melted and that had made a wet slippery puddle,and he apparently fell,Mary-Kate saw him and what had happened and was smart enough to call me and she had been trying to comfort a crying Jenna who was holding a crying Bailey in her lap,she said starting to cry. Anyway I had to call an ambulance,we are on our way now I am following behind them in my Pilot since we all couldn't fit and I have the kids buckled in in the backseat,she said. I am so sorry,she said. You need to come to the front door at the emergency entrance of the hospital right now,she said. Just then I hung up running as fast as I could even though it probably wasn't good for the baby I needed to if this was to serious I need to say goodbye I thought. I made it just as they were running in. Oh god,Alexis,I said crying and wiping my eyes. We hugged tightly. She had Jenna and Bailey in the stroller and they were sleeping. Mary-Kate was standing there holding onto the stroller. I knelt down on the ground carefully beings I am supposed to take it easy but I am not doing a good job. Mary-Kate,you are my precious smart girl and I love you so so much okay,I said. She ran over and hugged me. What is going to happen to Daddy,she asked. My heart near broke. I don't know baby girl,I said,but I am going to go with him will you be okay with Grandma. Yeah,and don't worry Momma I will take care of Bailey and Jenna but take care of Daddy,she said and that was when my heart broke. Okay baby,I will see you soon,I said. Alexis nodded. She had the triple stroller and the diaper bag with clothes,diapers,coloring books,and other necessities. I started running into his ER room even though it was hard. What do we have,I asked the other doctors and nurses who had recorded things. Trauma to the head and left wrist and a sprained ankle,we have to move now to get a scan,someone else yelled. We started running and got a scan. He had hit his head way to hard and so we had no idea when he would wake up maybe in 2-3 months but a good sign was that he was breathing on his own. They had to put a brace on his ankle and a cast on his wrist. I rubbed my overly pregnant stomach for being 6 months along I didn't look it. Alexis was in the waiting room with the kids and since I had my baby appointment today I went to see if she wanted to go with me. She did and so we went to the appointment which was in the hospital. We went and we heard the babies's  heartbeat for the first time. They did an ultrasound and we found out the gender. The gender was a girl but not one turns out after looking closely I was having twin girls. I hope he wakes up before I have the babies.

                                                                                   2 months later

I am a month away I am so nervous. Joseph hasn't woke up yet and when he does he will have physical therapy. I am due in September and it is August right now. It was around 2 a.m. I had the kids in bed with me and we were sleeping. If something happened they were going to call my cell phone. I talked to Joseph everyday I was there working. Alexis and I took turns along with Kate. I heard my phone go off. Oh,god something is wrong,I thought with tears starting to stream down my cheeks. Hello,I coughed out. Izzie,please hurry it's Joseph,she said and I didn't hear the rest of it. Her voice sounded happy and I zoned out not hearing everything. I'll be there soon,I said. I called Noah who thank goodness answered. He was off tomorrow so he was going to watch the kids for me.I drove,flying down the road sobbing. I made it there and began to run down a million white hallways as fast as I could before I made it to his room.I shouldn't be running this much and definitely should not be getting this stressed. I was still crying. Alexis came in and said,it's okay,when he heard my voice he moved his head,he was awake an hour ago,and he was trying to speak.It's okay,she said hugging me. My hormones must be bad to be crying this hard. The next day I was in there talking to him. You are still alive and you need to fight for me,I said. I know and I am alive and I will always fight for you forever,he said. His voice was so low. Your awake,I said sitting next to his feet and giving him a hug. I also enjoy that male nurse having to bathe me,he said half smiling. I'm sure and you are getting better and you always will,I said smiling with pure joy. Joseph,I said. Who's Joseph,he asked. My heart melted and so did my smile which was my first one in months. I'm kidding,he said. I called Alexis who came in happy and excited. I told him I had to work but I would be back in a while. He fell asleep. I was working earlier. I had 3 weeks until the babies were due. I was taking it easy and in the supply room I felt a pain. I saw a fluid all over the floor. My water just broke. I had a contraction. I called Alexis who instantly came from the ICU where she was working with a wheelchair. She wheeled me to the maternity ward. Does Joseph know,I asked through the pain. No,he is in therapy I guess,she said. What do you mean guess,I asked. He wasn't in his room and all of the stuff was gone. He was released I can bet anything. Call him,I said. Joseph,she said. Yeah,I heard him say. Get to the maternity ward at WMH,Izzie just went into labor,she said. Okay,wait she what,he asked half shouting into the phone. She is in labor,she said. I'm on my way,he said. By the time he got there I had both babies in my arms.

Jessica Maylynn Stevens was born on Thursday August 13 at 12:37 pm and April Hope Stevens was born on Thursday August 13 at 12:56 pm.

You had twins,he said entering. Yeah I did and almost alone besides Alexis since Kate left,I said. I know I needed a ride and wanted to surprise you so she said she would,he answered. It's fine,I said. This is Jessica,I said handing him one of my little girls. The one I am holding is April,I told him. They are adorable. By the way,you need to go to Wal-Mart before I get released Saturday because we need baby car-seats I have everything else at home also we will need to onesies for them to wear home,I said. He went to Wal-Mart and bought everything. I had a baby not one actually two I had babies,that thought repeated in my head I did it without him. He is still here for me though. Saturday came and we left in my Subaru. I got the girls strapped in their car-seats. Joseph drove and I went into Alexis's house to pick up my other 3 kids. I can't wait to tell him about Mary-Kate. I fell asleep in the car. Joseph took the kids inside first setting the car-seats down and then came back and carried me inside. He laid me on the couch and then went upstairs with all of the kids. He felt my forehead when he came back down. I had a slight fever but I was shivering so he covered me up. I was covered in a cold sweat and you could see it dotting my forehead.There was a few strands of hair in my face so he moved those out of my face. It was down past my shoulders but I got it cut so it was now chin length. I slept for a long while when I woke up Joseph had woken me because he had dinner ready. Thank goodness that Noah has been taking care of Jake who is no longer my tiny little puppy and is full grown. Joseph had fixed a roast chicken,mac & cheese,green beans,biscuits,and mashed potatoes. I fixed me a plate and then remembered the newborns. Joseph seeing the look on my face said,don't worry I have already fed them they are asleep now enjoy your dinner. I felt terrible. I felt awfully sick.Are you sure you feel okay,he asked. Yeah,I'm fine,I said as I got up to go get me another glass of water. You don't look fine,he said. I am,I said firmly although since I was moving around I didn't really feel all that well.