Chapter 22 ***School Reunion***

Start from the beginning

"You eating those chips?" Rose said, sitting with us and taking a chip off of my tray.

"Yeah, they're a bit different." The Doctor said. I nodded in agreement

"I think they're gorgeous. Wish I had school dinners like this." Rose said, eating some more of my fries. I responded by eating some of the Doctor's. He gave me a look and I shot him a smile.

"It's very well behaved, this place." I said.

"Mmm."

"I thought there'd be happy slapping hoodies. Happy slapping hoodies with ASBOs. Happy slapping hoodies with ASBOs and ringtones." The Doctor rambled, bringing a grin to my face. "Huh? Huh? Oh, yeah. Don't tell me I don't fit in."

"You fit in just fine." I said with a laugh as I took in another of his fries.

"You are not permitted to leave your station during a sitting." The head lunch lady told Rose.

"I was just talking to these teachers." Rose said, standing up from her seat.

"Hello." Me and Doctor said, giving the lady a wave and a smile.

"He doesn't like the chips." Rose said, pointing at the Doctor.

"The menu has been specifically designed by the headmaster to improve concentration and performance. Now, get back to work." The lady said, walking away from our table.

"See? This is me. Dinner lady." Rose sighed, showing off her uniform as she walked away form us.

"I'll have the crumble." The Doctor called, causing me to laugh.

"I'm so going to kill the two of you." She said as she walked away from us and back to her station. 

***

"Yesterday, I had a twelve year old girl give me the exact height of the Walls of Troy in cubits." Parson, a history teacher, told me and the Doctor as we sat in the staff room with some other teachers.

"And, it's ever since the new headmaster arrived?" I asked him.

"Finch arrived three months ago. Next day, half the staff got flu. Finch replaced them with that lot, except for the teacher you replaced, and that was just plain weird, her winning the lottery like that." Parson said, pointing to the Doctor.

"How's that weird?" He asked him, popping a crisp into his mouth.

"She never played. Said the ticket was posted through her door at midnight." He explained.

"Hmm. The world is very strange." The Doctor said, knowing fully well that we were the people that slipped the ticket under her door.

"Excuse me, colleagues." Headmaster Finch said when he walked into the room with a very familiar looking older woman that made my hearts stop in their track. A moment of your time. May I introduce Miss Sarah Jane Smith. Miss Smith is a journalist who's writing a profile about me for the Sunday Times. I thought it might be useful for her to get a view from the trenches, so to speak. Don't spare my blushes." Finch said, leaving soon after. Sarah Jane still in the room.

"Do you think it's really her? Our Sarah?" I asked the Doctor quietly. Both of us had stupid grins on our faces. He didn't get a chance to answer before Sarah Jane was making her way over to the two of us. She looked to be about 30 or 40 years older than when either of us had last saw her, but she was just as beautiful as she was when she was a young adult.

"Hello." She said, giving us a smile that warmed my hearts. I couldn't help but think of all the adventures the three of us had gone on in our time. The three of us were so young.