Chapter 22 ***School Reunion***

***I do not own Doctor Who, only Ester.***

Chapter 22 ***School Reunion***

I walked into the already full classroom and to the front of the room, putting my bag down on my desk chair and picking up a green dry-erase marker from it's holder. The class was surprising quiet as I wrote 'Shakespeare' across the board, underlining it once before turning to my class.

"Good morning class, today we will be taking some notes on one of the most popular playwrights in history." I said, talking to the class of board looking thirteen year olds. "Now, has anyone read any Shakespeare? Seen any of his plays?" No response. "Well then, more to learn, I suppose." I said with a smile. "Can anyone tell me what sort of plays he wrote in his time?" I asked the class. A girl with short, curly red hair rose her hand. "Yes, uhm..."

"Ash." She responded. "He wrote comedies, histories and tragedies." She recited.

"Very good." I nodded, writing those three on the board. "Now Shakespeare also wrote short poems called, anyone?" I asked. Only Ash rose her hand. "Anyone new?" No response other than Ashely. "Ash?"

"Sonnets."

"Do you know how many sonnets he wrote?"

"154"

"How many plays?"

"38 known ones."

"Date of death?"

"April 23 1616."

"Number of children?"

"Three"

"Names?"

"Susanna, Hamnet and Judith."

"What's Helena's monologue in A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 1 Scene 1 starting at 188?" I asked, knowing fully well there would be no way this girl could recite it.

"Call you me fair? That fair again unsay. Demetrius loves your fair: O happy fair! Your eyes are lode-stars; and your tongue's sweet air more tuneable than lark to shepherd's ear, when wheat is green, when hawthorn buds appear. Sickness is catching: O, were favor so, your's would I catch, fair Hermia, ere I go; my ear should catch your voice, my eye your eye, my tongue should catch your tongue's sweet melody. Were the world mine, Demetrius being bated, the rest I'd leave to you to be translated. O teach me how you look, and with what art you sway the motion of Demetrius' heart." She recited word for word.

Needless to say, I was floored.

***

A few hours later, I found myself in the lunch line with the Doctor behind me. A portion of chips was places onto my tray along with a fruit cup and finished with a scoop of some sort of mash given to me by Rose on the other side of the sneeze guard. Rose shot me and the Doctor a death glare before the two of us walked to find a table to sit at and eat.

"Two days." Rose said, coming to our table dressed in her lunch lady get up to wipe our table with her rag.

"Sorry, could you just? There's a bit of gravy. No, no, just, just there." I said, pointing my fork at a spot, taking full advantage of the situation. Rose shot me a glare and I could feel the Doctor laughing at my side.

"Two days, we've been here." Rose complained.

"Blame your boyfriend." The Doctor said. "He's the one who put us onto this. And he was right. Boy in class this morning, got a knowledge way beyond planet Earth."

"Really?" I asked him. "I had a girl like that in my first class. She could spew out entire Shakespeare monologues with just an act, scene and line number."