Chapter 5: The Talk

"What Mom?" I exclaim.

"Lukianne, come sit at the table."

"Mom, please don't tell me what I think you are going to tell me."

"Lukas, I am really worried. NYC is not a place for a 17 year old girl to live on her own! It is full of crooks, druggies, and worst of all, murderers! I don't want anything to happen to you!" She bowed her head. "Especially what happened to you sister."

"Mom, Scarlett's accident was forever ago! The doctor was caught!"

"But that doesn't mean there aren't anymore people like that out there!" She started to cry and ran to her room. "Lukianne, just start packing!" And then the room was silent.

Scarlett is my older sister. She moved to NYC for college. She got sick one day, and went to the doctor. Turns out he was a messed up crook that happened to have a PhD. Scarlett didn't have a doctor in NYC, so she went to the closest doctor's office and saw the doctor that was available at that time. The "doctor" said she had lung cancer and she believed him. He sent her to the hospital and was "treated." She was overdosed in morphine and was given many unhealthy drugs through an IV. She died a day later.

I ran up to my room and grabbed 3 pink suitcases. I filled it with all my clothes, make-up, jewelery, hair necessities, and small things from my room. Then I grabbed many large boxes from the garage. I filled it with my bedspread, blankets, and pillows. I filled the next one I filled with my laptop, speakers, and school supplies. Now that I will be spending most of my time dancing, I will have to be home schooled. A minute later, my phone vibrated. It was from J.R. She said:

Lukas, where are you?

I replied:

J.R., you are not going to believe this! Kayd Thomas came to my house and asked me to be his assistant! He told me I'm going to be working with Eli Thomas! I have to leave tomorrow:(

I don't believe she is going to be happy about this. She texted back:

Lukas, I have to say I am very happy for you. But how could you leave me here, right before our last homecoming dance?

J.R., I am soooo sorry! This is the biggest opportunity I have ever been offered. I have to take it! I will be back for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and I will ask Kayd if I can come back for prom. You can come and visit me any time! I will even introduce you to Eli and Kayd if you want me to.

Okay Lukas, I forgive you. How about you come over after school. We will have a going away party for you. Oh and do you need help packing? I can help you if you want.

Phhheeeewwww. Thank gosh. I replied:

That would be great if you came over! It is so overwhelming! Oh and will you stop and get the rest of my things out of my locker?

Yep, I can stop and grab your stuff. Gtg Lukas, c ya later!!

I throw my phone on my bed and run to my bathroom. I grab all my towels, hair products, bathroom accessories, and rugs. Then I grab a bunch of packaging tape to close everything up. I run back to my room and finish packing. After about an hour, I finally finished. I was so exhausted, I just sat on the couch and went on the Dance Emporium's website. I got on to the home screen and, finally, got to click on "Student Log in." After I got logged on I clicked on "Student Apartment Chart." . I scrolled up and down the list until I found my name, Lukianne Taylor, Apartment 18. Right below me I say the name of my dreams, Eli Thomas Apartment 19.