OS 9. Don't Go..

Genre: Angst
Status: Story Adapt
Words: 4780 words.

Dedicated to Insane_Insights.. Happy Birthday Sandy! 😘😘 May you have a happy year ahead. Wont say this often, but I love you.. ❤❤

~

He rushed in rashly, his pent up anger, frustration, worry, all bursting forth as he tried to calm it down fervently. He hit the half closed door of his room roughly almost bruising his inner skin but he cared less as he walked in brusquely and sat down on his green recliner.

"Give me back my Shyamji chotte." He remembered his Di's plea and fisted his hands. Helpless. Not being able to give what his Di asked for the first time.

"I want my princess back. I want my child back." He remembered her loud wails in the hospital when she realised she has lost her child. A tear involuntarily ran down his cheek and he brushed it off roughly as he felt it hurting himself more.

Why is he feeling so useless? He isn't comfortable feeling the helplessness he's experiencing right now. He always had solutions, he always knew when to crack and what. There was never a chance that Arnav Singh Raizada lacked a solution for the problems.

But.. but that's business. And this is his Di, his sister. Whom he loved dearly and respected like his mother. Also he couldn't give her what she asked like always. Because what she is asking in return is danger, a looming dark shadow that would eat at her innocence rather than get her back to life.

The cut on his palm leaked blood but he still felt the need to do something impulsive and break anything that comes in his hold.

"I have been listening whatever you had to say. Now you listen to me, Chotte. I have never asked you for anything. But now.. now.. please bring me back my husband Chotte."

Arnav couldn't say it in the face of anyone, but that words from his sister hurt.

She said.. his Di said those words as if he was imposing things on her. As if.. as if he was forcing her to live.. live like he wants. But.. he always gave his sister what she wanted, didn't he? He protected her. He cared for her. He.. he would've maybe irritated her or passed snarky comments at her when she talked about things like love and relationships, but, he never denied whatever she asked him. He never did. Then why did she say like that. Like he's.. he's a lord governor exactly like Khushi calls him.

What would Khushi say?
"The british left you behind while leaving India."
Yeah, that's what she would say. Pagal. And would call him lord governor sulking about always having his way. Did.. did his Di also think like that? Like he's passing rules on her? She must be.. and if Di and Khushi are saying, then surely he must be the lord governor. Imposing rules. But happy? Are they happy? Did he ever pause to think were they happy with what he asked them to do?

So immersed in his own monologue, Arnav didn't notice the lithe figure that now stood at the threshold watching him struggle sitting on his recliner.

For Khushi, he looked like a little child upset with his mother. But isn't Arnav in the same situation right now? After being accused of almost not doing like she wanted by his sister, who is the mother for her Arnavji, wouldn't he be upset knowing that whatever he was doing is for the happiness and protection of Anjali but still she thinks otherwise?

For a tiny moment there Khushi felt anger flaring hearing Anjali's words a while back. It didn't look fair on Anjali's part to accuse her brother of not listening to her demands when she knew all Arnav did was for his sister and his sister alone. And the stricken look on his face when Anjali uttered those words pained Khushi. He looked shocked, frozen, to hear his sister say those words. But before she could think anymore about it Anjali swayed and fell limp in Arnav's arms.