Chapter 18

Jada POV

Today was best of the best day. It was where we all had voted of the best of the best for the week. Today it was most likely to become a movie star.

I don't know why but everybody voted August. The most likely to become a comedian was Chris, we wore his shirts tomorrow. Angela won hairstyles, I won best dressed. They had different winners for different categories. So this week was all of us wearing each other on shirts. The student body were full of kids that were either full of themselves or obsessed with other people.

Which is why we were flaunting each other on shirts. I walked into the office waiting for the new girl. I really hoped she was cool, I didn't need to deal with anymore craziness.

This girl was 15 minutes late, first block was damn near over because she still had to get her paperwork and her schedule. I mentally rolled my eyes knowing Mr. T was going to be on my ass.

"I'm Jada, you'll be my shadow today. Just so you know about the school and where all your classes are. Since we have the same classes it'll make it easier."

"Well why I have to follow you around? I'm too old for a baby sitter." I scrunched up my face. There was literally no reason she should have an attitude. If anything I should have an attitude, she made me late.

"Well it's up to you, if you want to get lost and miss the rest of your classes on your first day." I shrugged.

Principal Jackson turned around telling us to get to class." I walked away hearing her puff, following behind me.

"So anyways who is that fine ass dude on your shirt? Does he go here?" I chuckled to myself. Thirsty?

"Uh yeah he does, but you don't even know him, why you doing all that?" It was really starting to irritate me cause she could be asking about the school, teachers, how classes are, yet she's asking for an exclusive on August.

"So you can get me the hook up or nah." I stopped in front of the door.

"Girl! Stop asking me about him. I'm not hooking you up with anyone." I rolled my eyes pulling the door open allowing us both to walk in.

The teacher looked at us as well as the class. I sighed already knowing a detention was coming my way.

"Please tell me why you are 30 minutes late."

"I was sticking in the office waiting for her." I sat in my seat. I knew Mr. T ain't too much care for the reason he just wanted to hear it.

"Lunch detention for you both." I groaned.

"This shit dumb as hell." I rolled my eyes.

"Jada, I can give you another if you'd like." He was trying to be funny and I didn't find him at all amusing.

"I bet Mr. T." I left the conversation alone knowing I'd gain another detention.

"She's so annoying." I looked over at the new girl who was whispering to Angela about me. I'm all for tryna get in where you fit in if you want to, but don't try to play on me.

"She's my best friend." Angela whispered back to her, having her looking stupid.

"Actually bitch, you're annoying. Thirsty ass." Mr. T walked over to my desk and sat down detention slips. I had two and so did Lani.

"Bullshit." I just shook my head not trying to take it there with the teacher or Lani.

Once class was over I grabbed my bag walking out waiting for my friends.

I seen August laugh when he seen me. I scrunched my face at him.

"And what is funny?"

"You, you always in trouble." I pushed him away from me.

"You not even funny." I playfully rolled my eyes while we all walked to our next class.

I honestly forgot this girl was in everyone of my classes.

"Damn I'm sexy as hell!" He picked my shirt up a little admiring himself. August was indeed the definition of cocky.

"You are literally cocky as hell. You ain't even cute." I walked past him.

"Nah I just know I'm that nigga baby." I laughed.

"Okay, August if that's how you feel." I shrugged sitting in my seat.

"Jada, Mr. T wanted me to tell you, your detention will start tomorrow along with Lani." I nodded my head as he went on to teach.

All I could think about was graduation.

**

School was finally out. I was walking to my car when August pulled my arm turning me around.

"Hey!"

"I know it has taken me a long ass time to do this but Jada, I love you. I want to be with you. You're everything I want. It's taken me a long ass time to realize it but I love you so much ma, I know I don't have the best track record but I know I want you. I promise to do right by you. Let me have that chance." I was surprised. All this coming from August.

I smiled. I couldn't help but to smile.

"I love you too Aug."

"So you gon be my girlfriend?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I'll be your girlfriend." I laughed. He picked me up and kissed me. It was soft, and passionate. It felt so right, like everything was falling into place.

"Yeah! That's my nigga!" I laughed hearing Chris behind us. He was always so loud.

"Aw! It's about time, damn August finally grew a pair." I nodded agreeing with her. We laughed while August looked salty.

"Aye now, don't being doing my boy like that. He a lil slow." We all laughed.

"The fact that I actually thought you was finna have his back. You play too much." I shook my head.

"I can't believe you letting these niggas play me like this ma." I laughed.

"Aw, I'm sorry." He playfully mushed my head making all of us laugh even more.