Chapter I

"Over here!!" The vividly-orange haired boy cries out. Kageyama glances for a moment to where the small decoy is running to. As the ball floats within his reach, he pushes it away with his fingertips and right into the palm of Hinata. He spikes it with all his strength, but it doesn't manage to get past the blockers. The ball bounces off of their hands and lands loudly on Karasuno's side of the court. A whistle is blown before Hinata even hits the ground.
"It's alright, Hinata!" Suga call from the bench. Hinata brings a hand to his face a covers his eyes. It had been five times in a row that Hinata was unable to break through their block.
'Damn it.' Kageyama thought. He thought that eventually the dumbass could do it, but his spikes were just getting weaker. Without realizing, the other team served and Hinata received the ball... right into his face. The ball pushed him and he landed on the floor, but it stayed up. Nishinoya quickly ran over and hit it to Kageyama, who set it to Tanaka. He easily broke through the other teams block.
"YEEAHH!!" He screams, high-fiving Noya. Kageyama was relieved. Behind him, he heard Suga clear his throat. He glanced behind him to see Hinata still on the floor, hanging his head. Coach Ukai calls for Hinata, and he quickly gets up and walks to the bench. He says a few words, and Hinata clenches his fists. He walks past him and sits on the bench, while Yamaguchi walks onto the court.
--
Kageyama sits on the bench, drinking out of his water bottle. They managed to win both sets easily, and the game was done sooner than expected. Kageyama glanced down the length of the bench looking for Hinata, but he wasn't there. Hinata had been pulled out for the rest of the match. He scanned the gym and found him walking through the door. He quickly pulled the towel draped over his head onto his shoulders and ran after him.
"Oi. Where are you going?" He demanded. Hinata ignored him and kept walking. Kageyama scowled and clicked his tongue.
"Don't forget we have practice tomorrow." He yelled after him. Hinata showed no sign of acknowledgment.
'Damn brat.'