Chapter seventeen: Old Friends and New Enemies

Katlyn...

Three days later the doctors finally said you could go home, Dean was getting you signed out since he was your [husband] and Sam was trying to help you get ready to leave. You had got a T-shirt on and was putting your sweat pants on but you couldn't get the one leg over your cast right, Sam had turned to the window as you changed you say "Sam you got a knife on you?" he says "Yeah why?" you roll your eyes "toss it to me" he reaches in his pocket then says "Are you decent?" you laugh "you've seen me in a bikini." He nods "Good point" he walks over to the side of the bed you sat on and hands you a knife, you take it then cut your right sweat pants leg and tucks the rest into the cast. Sam laughs "Well that's one way to do it"

Finally you got everything together when Dean walks back in, he looks to Sam saying "You want to go get the car?" Sam nods "Sure." Then walks out after getting the keys from Dean. Dean pushes a wheelchair over to you as you say "oh I'm not getting in that thing" Dean smirks "yes you are actually" at which point he picks you up and sits you down in the wheelchair, you just roll your eyes, he reaches in his pocket and hands you an orange pill bottle "Went to the candy store for you and got you these." You laugh taking the bottle shaking it and looking at it "Ha! Yes just what the doctor ordered!" Dean chuckles "You're crazy." He leans down kissing your cheek going in to say "but you're my kind of crazy and your mine." He then starts pushing you out of the room and down the hall, you look up at him "so where is the chug up from here?" Dean goes a little faster and puts one foot on the back of the wheelchair and rides along with you as he says "well we are going to find somewhere and set you up so you can began the healing process." You nod, by now you were out front and Sam had pulled up in the impala. Dean got you seated in the front seat with Sam in the back and you were off down the road, you watched the road signs as Dean drove down the road.

After about an hour of driving you look over to Dean questionably "Where are we going? I thought we were going back to the motel." Dean glances over at you then in the mirror at Sam you snap "ah heck no don't be having any silent conversations with me in here so where are we going?" Dean shifts in his seat and sighs "Look, we needed some place that you could rest up and relax without housekeeping or anyone bothering you but we also needed some place safe from anything supernatural because if word gets out that you are working with me and Sam and you are hurt then we will have God knows what after you." Sam adds "Since we aren't exactly on everyone's Christmas list." Dean nods agreeing with Sam's comment as he went on "So we are taking you some place... safe." You nod knowing there is more to the story so you say "And where is this place you are talking about exactly?" neither of the brothers move to answer your question right away but Dean finally breaks "Its back at Bobby's Kat." Your eyes widen as you almost scream "YOU ARE TAKING ME TO BOBBY ARE YOU SUICIDAL!?!" Dean rolls his eyes "no if I was suicidal I would drive like you." Sam hits Dean from the back seat for his rude comment but says "Kat Dean has a point, we need some place safe and we don't exactly have a place to call home so Bobby's is the next best thing." You eye the younger brother then look back to Dean "Dean you do know Bobby is going to want to kill you? For more reasons than just this stupid wreck." You were like Bobby's daughter and when he finds out you are somewhat with a Winchester he will have a heart attack, not because he doesn't like the boys he thinks of them as more of kids to him then he does you but he also knows their track history with girls.

Dean must have took the hint to what exactly you were getting at because he just nods saying "Look let's just take one step at a time here the man is up there in years." "Yeah still not too old to load a shotgun." Sam remarks. You agree with Sam "Exactly." Dean finally says "Look I know you two aren't really crazy about going there but we need somewhere to hide out until Kat gets that cast off her leg so until then all I can say is suck it up because I am not very eager to coming eye to eye with him either!" You and Sam both go silent both looking out your windows. Dean sighs while watching the road then reaches over taking your hand in the seat, you turn looking at him as he gives you an apologetic smile going on "Okay I am sorry I snapped at you two but it's a two against one here and we all know that if Bobby is going to kill anyone it is going to be me for reasons that are pretty obvious so I am just a little on edge here." You look down at his hand holding yours and rub your thumb on the top of his saying "I know. I think we are all a little on edge about this so let's just take a deep breath well... you two take a deep breath I will just try and take a breath." Sam and Dean both let out a small huff of laughter at your comment, you smile and look back out the windshield trying to think of how you are going to explain this to Bobby...