He reached the woods and stepped inside the tree line. The air was a lot cooler, and the light darkened, blocked out by the trees overhead. He quickly walked the path to Juniper's tree, and sure enough he heard voices. He stepped into the clearing, exclaiming, "G-man! I've got some great news!" Grover jumped a little and Juniper's cheeks turned a dark green.

"Will I have any privacy when I want to talk to my girlfriend?" Grover muttered, but he was smiling.

"What else are third wheels for?" Percy asked, earning a laugh from Juniper, who asked him, "So Percy, what's your good news?"

"Well, the gods have asked me to help you rebuild the Wild, Grover!" Percy said, waiting for Grover to smile. Instead, he asked, "But why? No offense, Percy, I really appreciate it, but I've got enough satyrs. It doesn't really make sense for the gods to ask you that."

"Well, you never know with gods, do you?" The sky rumbled at that statement, but Percy just continued talking. "And they asked me to help you, so I don't think you have a choice."

"That's fine. I mean, I'd love to spend time with you, I was just wondering...." Grover trailed off, looking at the sky. "Well, we leave in the morning, at any rate. We're just re-inspecting New York, you know, so we're not travelling very far," Grover told him.

"Okay," Percy said. His stomach rumbled again, and Grover told him to go get some food.

"And meet me after breakfast!" The satyr shouted as Percy jogged off.

~~~

Percy sat in isolation at his table. He had already made an offering to the gods, and he asked Poseidon the same thing he had been for awhile now: please help me get through this. Please fix me. Percy hardly tasted his food. The more he thought about what was wrong with him, the more it seemed to manifest. His vision seemed to darken, and he was filled with a slow boiling hatred. For himself, the campers, the gods, even Annabeth. The fact that he was hating Annabeth greatly upset him, and he pushed his chair back with a harsh scraping sound. The whole dining pavilion fell silent. Chiron opened his mouth, but Percy had already sprinted out of the place. He ran down to the beach, tears streaming down his face.

"What's wrong with me?" He yelled at the waves. He screamed his agony. He wasn't sure where these feelings were coming from; his mind or Tartarus. He didn't care. The sea turned choppy and agitated, mirroring his mood. The waves grew bigger and bigger, splashing uncontrollably onto the beach. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He whipped around and hissed, "What do you want?" Annabeth stepped back, startled.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay, you know, after you ran out of the dining pavilion like that..." Annabeth trailed off, seeing the look on his face.

"Do I look like I'm okay? I thought you were supposed to be smart, Annabeth!"

"P-Percy you're yelling-"

"I don't care! I can't do anything right anyway! Look at me, Annabeth. Do it." Annabeth saw that Percy's eyes had changed color; they were no longer green, but a dark, murky, dead color that sent chills up her spine.

"Can't you see that I'm trying to help you, Seaweed Brain?"

"Why? I'm just a screw-up. Look at me. I'm beyond help. Nothing can fix me, don't you understand?" Percy screamed.

"But what about tomorrow? What about helping Grover?" Annabeth asked, slightly hysterical.

"You know what, Annabeth? I think the gods don't know what they're doing." The sky rumbled and Percy screamed, "It's true! You have no idea what to do with me because you're afraid of Tartarus!" Lightning arced outside of the camp's border. Spittle flew from Percy's lips, joining the spray of the waves. They towered over Percy and Annabeth, pummeling the sand of the beach.

"And I don't blame you," Percy whispered. The waves stopped, and Percy sank down to the ground and started sobbing.

"Percy. I'm so sorry, Percy." Annabeth sat beside him, ignoring the water soaking through her shorts.

"I love you, Seaweed Brain. No matter what," Annabeth told him. "Do you hear me? No matter what! I love you now, and I'll love you till the day I die, and I'll love you even when I'm in Asphodel." She said fiercely.
Percy stopped his tears and managed a watery grin.

"But we both know you'll be in Elysium, Wise Girl," Percy told her, choking a little on a sob.

"That's true," Annabeth acknowledged jokingly. She breathed a mental sigh of relief. "I'm glad you're feeling better, Percy."
There were a million emotions written all over his face.

"I forgot to say: I love you too," Percy said, trying for his signature crooked smile, the one that always made Annabeth kiss the corner of his lips. It felt fake to him, wavering and frail.

"You idiot." Annabeth said, leaning in to kiss him. It was a gentle kiss; a promise. It seemed to say, "I'll never let you go."

(A/n): well frickity frack and call me jack! An update! Omg I'm sorry I scared you all away didn't i?
Oh well. I'm really sorry for the wait guys! If you wanna keep up with my life *snorts* follow me on Instagram: @mockingjaywands
But yeah, I hope you enjoyed, and if you did, please give it a vote and maybe leave a comment? Thanks for reading!

i'm screaming the actual h*ck is "frickity frack and call me jack" i'm so sorry

A/N part two: basically how this is gonna play out is if there's a second AN you can assume it's been edited ok ok