Chapter Two

(Adesis's P.O.V)

The sun beamed in my eyes as it started rising. I looked around my room like a puppy coming to its new home. I saw my mom on the side of my bed, softly snoring.

I blinked a few times and got up, lazily going to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and put my hair in a bum. I grabbed a towel and took a shower. I felt my face numb when the water trickled down my cheeks.

I scanned my body, I'm not perfect. No one is...but I feel ugly. I feel disgust.

I turned off the water and open the shower curtains and let out a gasp seeing my mom brushing her teeth. I quickly grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my body, feeling insecured.

"Goodmorning, hun" she said after spitting out water from her mouth and cleaned herself with a small towel. I smiled weakly, raising my hand and waved a bit.

I walked passed her and she started to take a shower. I grabbed a blue shirt and shorts to be around the house. I don't think we will be going out today.

I grabbed my small board with marker and walked out my room. I slowly walked towards the couch and sat down. I grabbed the remote and started watching Spongebob. I wasn't hungry, I wasn't thirsty.

My mom came down the stairs all freshened up and came to me.

"Do you need anything, Adesis?" She asked sweetly.

I grabbed the marker and started writing on the board.

"No, I'm fine." I showed her and she read it.

"You still need to eat even if you arent hungry. I'll get cookies and some nutella. It's your favorite." She smiled and got up.

I put the marker down and grabbed the house phone that was ringing. I pressed answer and heard the familiar voice, Jake.

"Hello, Kelsea?" he asked. I didn't say anything.

"Adesis? Babygirl are you okay?" he asked. He knows when it's me who is on the phone when he doesn't hear anything.

Jake has always been a great friend to me, probably closer. Ever since the incident, he has never left my side....and....I probably grown a bit of feelings for him.

"Babygirl, get Kelsea please." his voice softly said, making me get up and get my mom.

She was pouring some juice and I tapped her shoulder.

"Yes, darling?" She asked. I handed her the phone and went back to the couch. I could hear her talking to him.

"Yeah, she's fine. Still doesn't speak." Her voice echoed down the hall to the living room. I know they were talking to me.

Depression has fallen in my life, which makes me not want to speak. I'm not the same Adesis anymore, the carefree, fun, loving, and caring person that everyone saw.

I'm not the girl that was always hyper, that always loved to eat, that always wanted things her way, the one that was wild.

I'm now Adesis, the quiet, depressed girl.

"You should come over and keep her company, you always bring up her mood." I heard my mom again. I probably get a bit happy when I see Jake, maybe because he is the only and I mean ONLY boy I'm not afraid of.

I'm afraid of the world, the people, and I'm afraid of that person that caused this. Just thinking of him gives me goosebumps. It's like he is haunting me. Ready to catch me like a fish and reel me in.

My cheek started to burn and get hot. He caused it. He caused me to take a medication. He got me hurt. And if I wasn't smart, I think I would have died.

And I'm mostly afraid of.....myself.......

................For who I am now..................and for what's to come.......I feel it.