Posture

*Hey guys, I just want give a huge apology for not updating regularly. I've just had terrible writers block and I sort of forgot where I was going with half my stories. But here's a quick update to keep you guys happy, I hope it helps. I might be able to punch out another chapter by tomorrow but don't quote me. I love you all and your comments have been so amazing and sweet. Enjoy!*

Usually during training, Four is there giving all the instructions while Eric hangs around to watch. But Four wasn't here today, so we're stuck taking orders from Eric. The first thing he had us do was run around the training room for thirty minutes. I felt proud when I outlasted half my peers and finished third.

"Alright everyone at the bags!" His voice boomed.

With finesse and stamina, I worked up quite a sweat after 20 minutes at the punching bags. My gloves were beginning to slide around on my hands from being soaked in persperation. Breathing heavily, I removed my dauntless t-shirt and tossed it to the ground, adjusting the straps of my tank top before continuing.

This did not go unnoticed by Eric, and he worked his way over to me as I pounded the bag with my fists. He was silent, standing beside the bag, his eyes on mine - it was making me sort of nervous. So nervous that I stopped, ripping my gloves off and grabbing my water bottle off the floor to take a drink. Eric's eyes stayed on me, but he never spoke.

"Am I doing something wrong?" I finally asked, screwing the cap back on my water.

His amused grin made me assume correctly.

"No, not at all. Its just entertaining to see to you attack that bag with such ferocity. Something bothering you?" He asked, his arms folded behind his back.

I gave a short chuckle, forgetting that I was so competitive. It must look like I'm holding a grudge or something.

"No. I'm just naturally forward with my actions. My gym teacher once told me that I should take up boxing as a hobby because I'm so aggressive."

"I like it. Its a good trait to have in Dauntless. Keep it up, and you'll finish first in your class."

No hint of a smile on Eric's face, but I could feel his encouragement and it made me want to be better. First in my class? If he thinks I have that kind of potential then i might as well try for it.

"I'll do my best." I answered.

Then he just walked off back to his post.

***********************

During lunch, I skipped eating and stayed in the training room. I wanted to jog a little more to stretch my aching muscles. Jogging was also another way to collect my thoughts.

After tying my boots tighter and readjusting my ponytail, I began my steady pace around the perimeter of the training room by myself. The only sound was the echo of my boots hitting concrete and the steady breathing coming from my partially open mouth.

Did Eric really mean what he said, that I could graduate first in my class? I mean, I knew I was good but my fight with Darren went horribly wrong. I figured it docked my rank a little.

Eric was a confusing man to say the least - with his menacing eyes and harsh tone. But then he seemed almost docile when he watched me get my tattoo. I didn't know whether to fear him or smile when he was around.

Just as I rounded the last pillar before the exit door, I was stopped short.

Eric had lithely stepped out from behind the pillar with a smooth grin on his face. I had to jump back to keep from running into him, which I'm sure wold get me in trouble. Trying to catch my breath, I gazed up at him. Perplexed by his sudden appearance, I said nothing as he looked me up and down with an examining stare. His hands rested behind his back, folded military style.