Chapter 4

Tara's POV

I managed to control myself and ask the monkey or Tammy as she (Tara decided it was a girl) called herself " What am I doing here?"

"We found you unconsious near the cliffs of Tamaira Island. We will take care of you until you're better. Then we'll send you to your home - wherever that is," Tammy spoke firmly but still calm,like she was training an animal. Wow,irony.

"But where am I?"

"You are in Aglaiapolis. Now if you may excuse me,I have some important matters to attend to. If you need me just ring the bell inside the drawer."

I saw Tammy leave and when I turned around my jaw dropped as I saw Aglaiapolis.

Turns out there was a big window at the back of her bed, which was a shock since her room was plain white except for the little paintings on the wall and oakwood bedside table.

The city was an enough sight to put color into the room. The city was breathtakingly beautiful.

Below,the city was full of people and activity as students and office workers rushed to get to their classes and jobs. Despite the chaos, I was really loving how they didn't forget about nature and how sophisticated and modern the city looked.

Above, the city was just as amazing;if not better, I might add; than the city below. The skyscrapers were higher than the ones I saw and believe me, I saw plenty of those while traveling the world. Oh, and the cars, pedestrians could have the road and drivers wouldn't be mad or anything, for the cars were flying up and above Aglaiapolis.

Shocked? Me, not so much. Since I survived magic portals and woke up with a monkey being my nurse, I was getting used to it.

I fell asleep again because I was still tired from traveling dimensions and whatnot.

***

When I woke up, I decided to escape the building and go back home. I picked up my bag on the bedside table and, sneaked out, being careful so no one will see me. When I got out , I realized this was no easy task. I mean, the place was huge. There was like,at least fifty floors above. I knew this because I saw it outside my window. I don't even know how high I am from the ground.

I couldn't even find the stairs nor the elevator. How am I supposed to get down? I thought to myself.

I heard someone whisper from behind,"Follow me."

So I turned around and jumped to see a boy my age wearing a cloak and motioning for me to come forward. And so I did.

He led me through a bunch of snaking corridors and double acacia doors until we got to the elevator. It was just any normal elevator you might find at a mall or hotel. So I ended up asking him: "Really? That's it?"
He just nodded. I guess he doesn't find it funny.

We stepped through the doors and ended up outside. All I could manage to say outside was "Wow."