Chapter 4

I just got back from ice cream with the cast of Henry Danger. They are so nice! Anyway, I'm going to explain what happened tonight...

"What's ice cream?" I asked Riele. She froze in her tracks. "You don't know what ice cream is?" I shook my head. "My stepdad is really religious. He won't let anyone cut their hair until they're past their 20th birthday. He won't let me eat sweets, listen to the radio, go outside, and spend time alone with a boy. I basically have my whole life restricted. My mom and stepdad are getting a divorce today. And my mom has breast cancer." Riele patted my shoulder and led me into the shop. "Jace, Sean, Ella, this is Heather Graz, my roommate. She's never had ice cream before." I waved slightly. "Here or never?" Jace asked. "Both." I responded. "My stepdad would kill me if he saw me right now." Ella smiled. "You know what the best flavor is?" I shook my head. "Chocolate!" Jace frowned. "No, vanilla is the best." I laughed as I saw them arguing like Henry and Piper would argue. Then, I noticed something on the board. "I'll have chocolate chip cookie dough with hot fudge. We all sat down and I got to spend time with my favorite celebrities. Ella pulled out her phone. "Groupie!" She said. Suddenly, a flash of light came out. "I'm going to post it on Instagram. What's your Instagram, Heather?" I shook my head. "Don't have one. Random people are always looking at you." Suddenly, Jace's phone lit up. "Another tag." I titled my head, confused. Jace saw and said, "Instagram. Don't you have a phone?" "Nope, restricted life. I'm only allowed to listen to Taylor Swift, Kidz Bop, and a little bit of Ariana Grande and Selena Gomez." I saw the sympathy in their eyes. "What about TV?" Sean asked. "Only Nickelodeon and Disney Channel. Mostly Nickelodeon. My stepdad prefers Dan Schiender shows. I mostly don't see why there's cheering when someone comes up."

Half an hour later, we walked back to school. Well, only me, Riele, Jace and Sean. Ella is a day student. I said goodbye to Sean and Jace and went to sleep under my flannel covers.