"Hai!"

"Are you sure you don't need someone to tag along?"

"Hai! I will be fine."

The Third Hokage was invited to a dinner by some Daimyo's relative who happened to have a resort near the Port City. However, he was a busy man, and decided to send Michiko to attend on his behalf. Michiko was reluctant at first, since they can simply reject their invitation. But considering the need to maintain a good diplomatic relationship with the Daimyo, Michiko begrudgingly accepted the invitation. Michiko had her bag packed last night since she has to depart today.

She was heading towards the Village's entrance when she heard Naruto's voice.

"Hey, Jiji, don't underestimate ninjas! I'm a great ninja! I'm the elite ninja who will receive the title of Hokage one day. The name is Uzumaki Naruto. Remember it!"

Michiko can't help but smile at his words.

"Kakashi, you guys are still around? Great! We can travel together." Michiko grinned.

"Michiko nee-chan? Are you coming with us?" Naruto asked.

"Well, I'm going to the Port City. We can travel together for a while I guess?"

"Mission?" Kakashi asked.

Michiko nodded. "I have to attend a dinner in Tou-... I mean Sandaime's place."

"I see. Let's go then."

.........

"Hokage is the village's number one ninja, right? I don't think a guy like you can become one." Tazuna said nonchalantly as he gulped another mouthful of sake (Japanese rice wine).

"Shut up! I'm willing to go through any hardship to become a Hokage! If I become a Hokage, you'll have to take notice of me!"

"I won't, kid. That is, even if you become a Hokage."

"I'm going to kill you!" Naruto yelled once again, and Kakashi held him back.

"Stop it, idiot!" Kakashi warned.

"No! No! Let me at least hit him once!"

Michiko tried not to laugh at Naruto. Just as Naruto was flailing around with Kakashi grabbing his collar, Kakashi and Michiko felt some strange presence. Michiko turned to look at Kakashi, and she knew he felt it too. They pretended nothing happened and continued walking.

Sakura asked if there are any ninjas in the Country of Wave. Kakashi began explaining about the system of countries and hidden villages and how ninjas were deemed. He also mentioned that the different Kages being the ones that reign over tens of thousands of ninjas that exist in the countires throughout the world. Sakura and Naruto did not believe it, though.

"Oi... You all just doubted Hokage-sama, didn't you?" Kakashi asked. Naruto and Sakura shook their head frantically.

From their reaction, they DID doubt Tou-san... Michiko smiled. Well, he may be ridiculous sometimes, but he's the Hokage after all. He is and always will be a great ninja.

Kakashi patted Sakura's head. "Don't worry. We won't have any ninja battles in a C-rank mission."

"Then there's no need to worry about meeting a foreign ninja." Sakura heaved a sigh of relieve.

"Of course."

Our first mission was a C-rank too, but we ended up fighting as well... Plus there were people watching us a while ago... Oh well... Michiko thought.

They continued walking, in silence, and soon, passed by a puddle of water. Michiko and Kakashi took a look at the puddle, but did not talk about it.