Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

The next day the team, except Billy, were attending the meeting for all of the interns.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it has been an impressive summer. And one final challenge remains. Sales." Chetty announced. The team all turned towards Nick who looked down at the table. "Over a million companies advertise with Google. Find one that doesn't. Convince them.

The bigger the sale, the more chance you have of taking this competition. The winner will

be announced at our final meeting this afternoon. Good luck. Happy hunting!" Chetty finished.

They all made their way to the office.

"Sales, son!" Neha said excitedly. "Man, those other bitches are going down." Yo-Yo high-fived her. "Wait, where's Billy?"

"He left." Nick answered sadly, walking past them into the office.

"What?" Lyle asked in surprise,

"You heard him. He thought he was holding us back. And he didn't want to talk about it, that's for sure." Nick explained, taking a seat. The team gathered around him.

"We gotta get him back." Neha said.

"She's right, we're all a team. That's what you guys taught us." Yo-Yo added.

"I mean it might of been buried under, like, a mountain of obscure 80's references and just, you know, a ton of other super inappropriate bullshit that I guess was intended as life lessons," Maya smacked Stuart's arm when he said that. "But, I mean, you did teach us how to come together, Nick. You taught us that."

"Problem is when he makes his mind up about something, old Billy has a tendency to really dig in. We might have to get ready to do this one without him." Nick informed them.

"Yeah. but Nick, we wouldn't want to." Lyle said. "Right guys?"

They all turned to Nick and gave him a serious look.

"We don't want to win unless we do it as a team." Maya answered for them.

They quickly made plan. Nick and Maya would go find Billy and convince him to come back while the rest of them looked for a business. Maya and Nick were just getting out of the cab at an old folks when Stuart texted her.

From: Stuart

At 10:53am

Neha found one. Sal's Rocky Mountain Pizza Company, a small family business with amazing food and service. You guys got Billy?

To: Stuart

At 10:54am

Not yet. This asshole chose to go far away, so we only just got here. We're about to get him though. Head there and get started. We'll meet you guys soon.

From:Stuart

At 10:55am

Fine. But hurry.

"They found a place. I told them to head over and get started while we get Billy." Maya informed Nick.

"Perfect. Let's go get our boy." NIck said. They quickly made their into the small courtyard filled with old people, and found Billy standing there.

"Billy!" Maya called. Said man spun around.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" He demanded. Maya raised an eyebrow at him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Nick shot back as they walked towards the taller man.

"Billy!" Some guy with an old woman on each arm yelled. "Ethel and, uh, Dorris here say they're up for a little group play. Can I count you in?" He started nodding his head making a weird face, and Maya and Nick both turned to stare at Billy incredulously.