First Fight - Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

"Awh" I whined glancing back at the empty gym and then towards the rain "great just friggin' perfect"

"You can, borrow my jacket if you want" a soft voice behind me said causing me to turn to fast and headbutt the person in front of me.

"Oh ow, sorry" I whined glancing up only to find m heart faltering in my chest. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Hey Axel" I said finally removing my hand from my head where I was sure a lump would develop.

"Here ya' go" he said dropping the leather jacket similar to Sebastian's on my head where I was clouded by a scent that made me reel because it wasn't a familiar one and yet it felt like home.

"Ready, we run in 1, 2, 3" he started putting his hand on the small of my back and grinning at me cheekily "GO!" he shouted and to my own surprise I actually ran laughing the entire way as we slipped and slid in the wet grass I found myself grinning at the stranger that everyone hated so much. I trusted him and I didn't even know his last name.

- - -

"Oh, wow" I panted dropping my hands to my knees and panting "that was great" I laughed shrugging his jacket off and handing it to him "but look at you you're soaked"

"Totally worth it" he chuckled not seeming at all out of breath but then again he didn't just run 800m in heels.

"You're fast, you should try out for track" he said patting me on the head.

"I want to" I nodded in agreement as we walked through the doors

"Here" he said suddenly forcing a couple of noted into my hand "go get some lunch, I've got some business to take care of"

I stared at the money and returned my gaze to him "thanks Axel - you are a really nice person"

"Only to you" he winked before sauntering down the hallway leaving me damp staring after him in confusion who is he?

I joined Lucy, Ethan and Sebastian at the lunch table with a chicken burger and apple juice.

"Why are you wet?" she demanded

"uh, it was raining" I said sitting down and taking a huge bite out of the burger.

"Where did you get that money?" Ethan asked eagerly as if I'd pulled off a money tree just outside.

"I found it" I lied "but you can have the change" I said feeling guilty as I pushed Axel's money over the table. I glanced at Sebastian who was sitting very still and sniffing the air cautiously.

"You smell like him" he growled lowly.

"Yeah, I do because, he was nice enough to help me get back to the main building unlike you asshole" I growled gulping down my apple juice angrily.

"Who is he?" Lucy and Ethan asked in unison

"Axel" Sebastian and I snapped back causing Lucy to pale considerably and Ethan to shrug not knowing if the name was meant to be a name of great importance.

The rest of the day passed without a hitch, the only being that Sebastian and I still weren't talking to one another, I sat in the back seat and Lucy sat in the front. Once we got home Sebastian stormed to his office and slammed the door closed ordering that no one was to disturb him while I grabbed my pj's and let Lucy know I was sleeping in her room.

The entire pack could feel the tension between me and Sebastian at dinner Lucy arranged it so that we were conveniently seated next to one another.

"Salt" he snapped at me eventually causing everyone to flinch it's the first word he's said to me in over seven hours.

"I don't have the salt, Lucy does" I snapped back pointing at Lucy on the other end of the table.

He replied with a growl and got up from the table "I'm done here" he snarled.

"How do you have a right to say that?" I said softly causing his head to snap towards mine as the room began to empty.

"Jesus, I told you about Axel and you went ahea-"

"You didn't tell me anything" I screamed tears building in my eyes "oh Axel can't be trusted because I don't like him."

"He can't be trusted" Sebastian snarled

"He was there for me when you weren't" I cried "Jesus Christ you haven't even made me a true member of this pack. I'm supposed to be your mate" I shouted at him "you act like every things fine, I know like three people in the pack one of them is you the others your sister and the other tried to kill me when I first got here. Well thanks for the variety. Screw you Alpha Sebastian, you are the most pompous jerk I have ever laid eyes on" I screamed at him tears streaming down my face as I ran past him and out the back door to get into the forest. I ignored my wolf as she pleaded for me to and make amends with Sebastian.

Instead I found myself deep into the forest curled up under a large tree crying my heart out.

"Christina, is that -you?" I heard causing me to look in fright only to find Axel standing beside me looking at me with nothing but concern on his features.

"The one and only" I spoke bitterly picking at the cotton on my trackies.

"You okay?" he asked

"You're different to when I first met you" I said suddenly "you were mean to me before you called me a weak rogue" I snorted.

"Yeah well" he said plopping down beside me "I hadn't decided if I liked you or not" he said grinning at me his grey eyes twinkling.

"I'm a likeable person"

"You know your way back?' he asked nodding in the direction I had just come from.

"I'm not going back" I snapped "I'd much rather stay here"

"and freeze to death? Even for a she - wolf it's freezing out here."

"I don't care I'm not going back to him" I spoke defiantly

"Come and stay at mine for the night then" Axel said making me glance up at him in surprise.

"Are you sure that's okay, your parents -" I stared

"It's fine they're away on a business trip. Oh and I promise no touching" he said cheekily holding his hands up in surrender.

"Fine" I giggled eventually "sleep over at Axel's house yay!"

- - -

Well this was actually going to be a nice chapter and then I'm not sure what happened but now we have a slightly better insight on what Axel is actually like although we still don't who his 'boss' is

haha

ha

ha

I can't wait for that to be revealed to you guys. Anyway thanks for reading I'll try and update soon.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

LYRICS USED: How To Save A Life by The Fray.