The tragedy

1880 April 30.
My beloved Elisabeth gave birth to our second child. She's sleeping now, the doctor said that the bith was hard and she loosed lot of blood. I'm hoping she'll wake up soon so I can go to see her and the baby.
Lily is restless and she's rolling back and forth with her chair.

Our maid came to me many hours later and told me that the baby was a girl and she's fine and her legs were normal. She also told me that Elisabeth were waking up and we could go to see her. I went to the room with Lily and saw our little angel, the baby had rosy skin and dark green eyes, she was like a rosebud. My Elisabeth was exhaused, but happy that her little princess was healthy.
We gave her a name, Rose Victoria Mac Middlesworth.

1880 November 26.
Yesterday my beloved Elisabrth died of the pneumonia.
I need lots of help from our friends with chold care. I feel like my life were withered away with my loved one gone.
Lily's very angry for her mother because she doesn't understand that our Elisabeth couldn't do a thing to stop Grim taking her. Rose haven't noticed it yet, but I'm sure she'll be able to sene it soon.

Now I have to stop writing the diary, I can't stand this any more.

Starting as a widowed father was hard, but iteven more difficult to mylittle flowers. Lily couldn't walk and Rose didn't have a mother to comfort her when she was sad. I wanted to give my best to my daughters and that I did, I gave them my all.

At winter 1881-1882, Lily began to recover from her depression.
Grandfully, she ventured out from her dark thoughts and began to smile again. We didn't talk much about Elisabeth with Lily, so Rose didn't even remember her as we did.

We started to keep a sheep farm at June 1883, because we needed to keep our finincial situation stable to keep buying the medicine for my dear Lily's legs. My dearest Lily were eight years old and Rose was three years old back then. At first we got only one ram and two ewes, butas soon as we started to get lambkins we  started to sell wool and mutton to the traders.

1885 my ten years old daughter Lily got her first own ram lamb. She was so happy about it that she wanted to name it Aonghus. She also said that this ram wasn't to the traiders, so we kept him as a stud. Rose were five years oldback then and she saidthat she'd like to have her own lamb too and she wanted to name it Woolly.
Little Rose was pretty distraught when we wind Woolly for the first time, she thought thar her sheep would never have her hair back again.

At spring 1888, we got two rams and six ewes with four lambs. Lily was thirteen years old, she's ging to be a lady pretty soon and my little Rosebud were turning eight. We were pretty good that time, Lily needed a new wheelchair for the old one was already too small.