Chapter Six// Cute Guys & Motherly Advice

I just finished my meeting with Sam and it went great! We talked a lot about our roots and he said he was honored that I had chosen to use his song for my audition. He is such a sweet guy.

The moment I walked out of the studio room door Reece greeted me. "Hey, I didn't want to be late." He laughed nervously. I smiled and hugged him. "I missed you." He kissed my hair. "I missed you too, Love."

He took my hand and took me to work. It was 10:30 and he offered to stay with me at work but I told him he should be getting home.

Just as he was about to leave a group of guys around his age walked in.

He instantly drew back and looked around. "Welcome to REC! How can I help you?" I asked in my customer friendly voice, two of the five guys looked me up and down and licked their lips almost simultaneously.

Reece back tracked his way towards me but kept his distance. "Naw, not at the moment. But I'll let you know." "Ok well my name is Rena, I'll be in the front if you need me!" I smiled.

As I walked away I heard them whispering and whistling. "Damn!" One exclaimed.

I shot a look at Reece and his jaw was tightened, he looked as if he'd break it of they said anything else, "Yo Rena!" I turned to see one of the boys waving me over.

He was about 6'2, lightskin, green eyes, and straight hair that was cut just so it fell perfectly above his ear. When I walked over to him his friends walked away but continued to watch. "How can I help?" He smiled down at me and I blushed a little.

"I was wondering if y'all had the J. Cole album on Vinyl?" I cheesed. "He's my favorite rapper! But yeah, we have Born Sinner and Forest Hills Drive. Which do you want?" "Both." I nodded, "Meet me at the register,"

I walked to the back and he followed until he got to the register. I found the albums and started walking back towards the door but Reece blocked my exit, "You're really just going to let him flirt with you like that?"

He raised his voice. "Like what? He just asked me for my help! And you can't be back here!" He grew angrier. "Why the hell not?"

He was yelling at this point. "Stop yelling at me Reece!!! You can't be back here, I could lose my job! If you'll excuse me, I have a customer to ring up."

I walked past him and rung up the two albums. "$43.11", he handed me a bill. "Out of $50." I pressed the buttons on the machine and counted out his change.

I placed his change in his hand, counting it out loud. "5,6... Dollars and 89 cents is your change. Would you like a receipt?"

"I'd rather take your number." I giggled, now he was flirting. As I was about to decline Reece came out. "She'll pass. You can go." The boy looked him up and down, Reece had height on him, but the boy was bigger, in a muscular way.

"I was asking Rena. Are you her boyfriend? If so I meant no disrespect." He said backing up. "Our relationship is none of your business." Reece stepped up to the boy.

When his friends seen they quickly approached, "We got a problem?" One asked, I gasped as they all surrounded Reece. But he didn't flinch, "Mm mm, it's all good y'all. I think we should go. Our business ain't wanted here, Rena, thank you."

I nodded and added an apologetic smile. He grabbed the pen from the counter and scribbled on a piece of paper. "Text me anytime. I'd love to get to know you. I'm Gabe by the way. "

He took one last look at Reece and signaled his boys to leave. When the door closed I smacked Reece's arm, "What is wrong with you?! You can't go threatening my customers,"