The girl who cried wolf: Chapter four

Start from the beginning

    “Go ahead try it again.” He said as he stepped into the room.

    “No. she shouldn’t attempt it again, look at her. Her mind can’t take it.” Luca responded keeping his eyes on me.

    “Of course it can.” Wyatt snapped at him.

    “But...” Luca started but was cut off.

    “But what? She can do it, she did do it. She just needs to learn to control it.” Wyatt shouted at Luca, a small growl escaping his lips. I watched as Luca lowered his head, I noticed that his hands were clenched into fists. Why was he getting so angry? Why did he care so much? After a moment he got up and hurried out of my room. Wyatt let out a low growl as he past him and he hurried off after him.

    “How do you feel now?” Joy asked.

    “A lot better.” I said quietly giving her a small smile.

   “What made you try?” Faith asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

    “I was curious; I wanted to see how like you I was.” I replied sheepishly.

    “You should have told us, we could have helped you.” Tristan said as he stroked my hair.

   “If you ever want to try anything like that again just tell us ok.” Joy said her eyes full of concern and fear.

Faith kneeled down at the side of the bed and took my hands in hers. She looked deep into my eyes, almost as though she was staring into my soul.

     I heard her say in my mind.

I looked at her for a moment and tried to concentrate as hard I could.

   “Just relax.” She said.

I did as she told me and let my body and mind relax completely, I saw a small smile on her face as she realised I heard her. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and took a deep breath as I tried again.

   “I can hear you.” I replied smiling to myself.

    “See Mia, you are one of us.” She said aloud as she jumped up and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

As faith hugged me my mind began to wonder. If I could mind link with the pack, then what else could I do. There was one thing I knew for certain, I was going to find out.

************************

(Luca’s POV)

    “What were you playing at back there?” Wyatt’s voiced boomed in my head.

    “Nothing.” I replied as I tried to walk away from him.

    “God damn it Luca look when I’m talking to you.” He shouted in his alpha tone and making stop immediately, I had no choice.

I just wanted to get out here and run off my anger. As I turned to face him I could feel my body trembling slightly and my blood rushing through my veins. I took a deep breath before lifting my head, trying my hardest not to change right here and now.

   “Yes Wyatt.” I said struggling to control my anger.

    “How dare you disrespect me like that in front of the others! You may be my brother and my beta but that doesn’t mean I’m going to let you get away with it.” He said as he took a step towards me with his fist clenched.

Before meeting Mia I would never had dared do anything like that. I would have never disrespected Wyatt, but before Mia I had never cared about anyone like this before. Didn’t he see her, didn’t he see the blood down her face. It was killing her for Christ sake. He needed to look past this curiosity about her before she winds up dead. The mere thought of it sadden my heart, I couldn’t imagine my life without her. She might not know how I feel about her, nor feel the same for me but I don’t care I need her. I could feel his eyes burning into me, making my rage worse. I needed to get out of here; I needed to get out of here now.