Chapter 9: Katniss

I let out an annoyed sigh and slap the magazine in front of Peeta on the table, giving him a startle. "Front cover again." I summarize and slump on the seat beside him, resting my head on his broad shoulder. "Now everyone knows I've given birth." I mumble as Peeta picks up to inspect what I space in front of him.

"I can tell you're a little stressed, baby." Peeta states as his finger strokes the side of my face, pressing his lips to my temple. "I can hear it in your voice. " he adds. 

I let out a sigh, one that has been long awaited. "I am." I breathe, my fingers finding his arm to play with.

"Ever since the rivalry ended, we've always been on the cover when something 'big' happens." Peeta is quick to quieten me and I can't be bothered remembering, we're being quite about it for the sake of our small family.

My eyes slowly close and an unwanted emotion waves over me. My hands trail across his body before they entwine on his waist. A sudden amount of tears fill my eyes but I can't let them flow.

I jump when I hear Peeta grunt and angrily throw the magazine across the table. It is very rare for him to ever act like this. "Shh." I whisper, trying to calm him with all I can manage to think of doing.

His head drops to rest against mine and I slightly tilt my head up to caress his neck with my lips. "You're with me, and I'm with you. We have a family together and are happy. That's all that matters to me Peeta. Don't go ahead and start blaming yourself. You did nothing wrong." I allege to him.

"You've made my life more blissful than I ever imagined when I was alone. You have never made it less." I continue and Peeta buries his nose into hair.

"I love you." Peeta mutters to me and my lips curl into a small smile.

"I love you too," I reply lifting my head up to quickly press my lips against Peeta's. "and nothing is going to stop me from doing so." I add and notice how Peeta's attitude is lifted positively. That's what is all I want to see from him.

Positivity.