Legendary 9

BATTLE OF THE BAND

School Christmas Festival approached and I don't even have any songs to present in the battle of the band.

School grounds were full of different booths at the same time they were still setting up the big stage for tonight's battle of the band. Buti nalang at natapos ko yung 'bonnet na ibibigay ko kina Samson, Ryuu and Vladimir.

"Ma'am , can I borrow some members of school music bands? Wala kasi akong nahanap na kaband eh." I asked .

"Oo naman, teka sasabihin ko sa kanila mamaya."

Pagkatapos kong makipag-usap sa teacher namin ay hinanap ko ang trios. Irregular day naman kaya halos walang pasok sa Imperial Academy. Last day kasi before the short vacation.

I went first to detention room because I knew all of the time that they hang around there.

"oh! Merry Christmas!" I greeted them.

"Regalo ko" I said and handed them each of the paper bag. Syempre suot ko na rin yung bonnet na ginawa ko para naman kapareho ko yung sa kanila.

"What's this?" Ryuu asked.

"It's a bonnet. Today's weather are getting cold na." I answered.

"Sige , aalis muna ako at may gagawin pa kasi ako." I added

"Wag na. Just come with us. We're going to have some coffee." Ryuu said as he put his arms on my shoulder and so for Samson. Hindi na ako pumalag pa. Bahala na mamaya kung anong mangyayari , for now I'll be going with them. It's a treat from them thou and it's first time in the history.

We headed into the booth where they serve hot coffees and sweets.

"Americano for me." I ordered.

An hour left for the final battle of the band and I am still here, sitting pretty with the bad boys. Ugh! After a couple of minutes talking to them I excuse myself and went to the bathroom. Magpapractice muna ako. Mukhang hindi na uuwi at manunuod pa yung trios. I don't want to embarrassed myself to crowd you know.

"Hmm. Hmm."

"Aaah ahahaaaaaah ahhahhhhaaaahahh." I sang as I hit the higher notes then to lower notes.

"Ahha ahha ahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

"Hmmmmm. Hmmmm."

I washed my face and then change my clothes to something presentable. Okay lang hindi maganda yung boses ko as long as maganda ako . HAHA peace!

To the next minute I went to the back stage. Inannounce kasi nila na lahat ng bands will go to the back stage. Ten minutes and the show must start na. Hahanapin ko na rin yung mga hiniram kong member ng school band.

"Deby Lylarchy." I said , as the staff checked my name on the list.

"Sorry, but someone had already joined from your class section."

"What?"

"They said they'll replace you because your voice is not that good in the main time." She said.

Hindi ko alam kong maniniwala ba ako o matatawa nalang sa pinagsasabi ng staff ito. Who could they be? Hindi na ako tuloy pinapasok sa back stage pa. Okay lang , dahil sa totoo wala din lang akong practice. I went in front of the stage and sat down on the front row. Who could they be?

I waited patiently as the Four bands had finished their performance and the final moment had come.

"Now let us welcome the band from 4th year-carnation. The D2B Band~!"