Chapter 2: On Campus

CLARKE

"We're finally here Clarke!" I lifted my head up from my book that I was reading and saw a giant big building with lots of little groups of people spread out through the campus grounds. Then I looked to see smaller buildings surrounding the giant one. Probably sorority houses, I thought to myself. After I opened the car door and got all my luggage out my mom came up from behind me and started to cry.

"I'm so proud of you Clarke. My little baby girl is going off to college."

"Mom, I already told you. I'll be fine and I'll visit you throughout the holidays. Ok?"

"Yes I know. I just can't believe this is happening...right now." She sniffled a little as I pulled her into a hug.

"It'll be fine mother."

"Do you want me to help with your bags?" She said as we pulled apart.

"No I'm good but thanks mom. You can go home now. I bet you have patients waiting for you!"

"Yes your probably right. I love you so much. Have fun. Stay out of trouble and finish your studies." Scolded my mother, (The usual mother stuff).

"I love you too. Bye Mom." I watched as she entered her car and drove off campus. I looked around once more to see other people hugging their parents. Both their parents. I saw people crying and not wanting to leave. Watching them I kinda wished I had stayed home for another year, but you can't blame my mom for wanting me to go to college. She wanted me to follow in her footsteps. Dr. Griffin.

I walked towards the front gate and looked up to see a big sign that read: Welcome to Groundkin College or The Ground for short. Home of The Grounders and SpaceWalkers! Head to the main office to pick up your orientation packet and dorm key. Hope to see you soon! Isn't that welcoming.

"Well here goes nothing!" I said as I entered the front door with my suitcase rolling behind me.

---------------Time Jump--------------

"Move out of my way!" I yelled as I shoved past a wild pack of immature students. I was trying to get to the main office but with my luck I would be there maybe tomorrow. But I wasn't gonna give up. So I came up with a simple yet effective solution.

I stood on top of a table and put my plan into action. "FIRE! THERES BEEN A FIRE! RETREAT AT THE CLOSET DOOR/EXIT! DO NOT PANIC!" But of course as soon as those delicious words left my mouth, there was pandemonium everywhere. People dropped their things and rushed out  like there was a REAL fire happening. To my surprise the halls emptied quite quickly and I was free to go to the main office without being run over.

-------------------------------------

"Hello, my name is Clarke Griffin and I'm here to get my dorm key and orientation packet." I said to the girl sitting in the chair in front of me.

"Hello." She turned and stood up as she exited the room.

"Wow, nice way to greet people."

She entered the room about two minutes later with what seemed to be a set of keys and a small package.

"Here you are. Your dorm number is 7459, and here is the orientation packet. She handed me the packet that had my name in big bold letters written on it, and my dorm keys.

"If you need help finding your dorm, there's a map in your packet."

"Thanks." I said as I opened my packet to grab the map.

The halls were not too confusing so it wasn't hard to find the hall that my dorm was on. To my surprise no one was in the hall except for a few people who were entering their dorm. I found my dorm at the end of the hall and hesitated as I came nearer.

"It's ok. Whoever is behind this door is gonna be your best friend." Hopefully. I took a deep breath and opened the door.