Chapter 8: Ikemen-kun and Onii-chan

Once we got there, the students were mingling amongst themselves, not even acknowledging our presence.

"Why if it isn't Ochibi-chan? Did you escape from Shino?" A voice peaked. The three of us turn to see a tall man with strawberry-blonde hair. My lips made an 'o' shape as I recalled the man from the entrance exam. He must have noticed as well since he took my hand and placed a kiss on my knuckle.

"So we meet again beautiful," he placed another kiss on my cheek before being pulled by the hair by my Neko-themed friend, an unamused expression plastered on her face.

"You must have some nerve making a move on my best friend. Perhaps I should discipline you before you find yourself in the incinerator," Kuro threatened with a shadow hovering over her eyes and a cynical smile crawling its way onto her face.

"Oh my, aren't we the feisty one? And might I know your name, Koneko-chan?" Is this guy serious? "Name's Kuroko. Nekozawa Kuroko. And you, handsome?" ... I give up. I still can't read Kuro at all. First, she's pissed, now she's flirty? Ugh...

"Ren. Jinguji Ren." The smirk that was on Kuro's face dropped at the name.

"W-Wait, you're a Jinguji?" said a now surprised Kuro. The smirk grew bigger on the now named Ren.

"What's wrong, Kuro?" I asked, "why are you surprised? What's so special about a Jinguji?"

"You're kidding, right? The Jinguji Family are an esteemed family that has dominated the business world, next to the Hijirikawa Family as well, but I'm sure that you've already known at least that." I nodded, going with the flow of the conversation. 'Cause Kuro would give me a huge lecture on this if I don't agree.

"Anyway, Ren, do you know where Huyga-sensei is? These two are looking for him."

"Unfortunately, Sensei's off at a staff meeting. Why are you looking for him?"

"Kuro wanted to meet him for a long time now," I said, looking around the classroom.

"And what about you, little Usagi-chan? Have you been looking for me?" Ren cupped my chin, turning my head and moving in close like he was about to kiss me.

"Ren, what do you think you're doing to my sister?" A voice pierced out. The four of us turned to see my brother not even close to happy... then again, when is he ever happy?

"Onii-chan, what's up?" He sent a glare our way. I turned to Ren, seeing his eyes blank out for a second.

"You're... Ichi's... sister?" He said, still blanked out.

"Yeah, I'm just one year younger than him. I'm Ichinose (name), by the way." A few seconds of silence passed before Ren let out a sigh and running fingers through his hair.

"Now this looks bad. Ichi, this isn't what it looks like. I didn't know she was your sister. I'm sorry."

"Like sorry is going to cut it, Ren."

"Onii-chan, he didn't know. You don't have to act like Ryosuke-san whenever he sees me having out with a guy."

"Don't relate me to him. Anyway, I've been looking for you. We need to go." Tokiya took my hand, pulling me out the door. He pulled me all the way to the front gates, where a driver with a black Cadillac was waiting for us. Yagiri-san probably called for it behind Onii-chan's manager, which reminds me...

"Look, I know that you're not happy with how your manager is treating you now, but don't take out that stress on your friends."

"I never said they were my friends, did I? And also, I promised Okaa-san that I would look out for you when we agreed to this new start with Saotome-san. What I did back there was just to make sure that you don't end up doing something stupid and regretting it later."

"In other words, this is just another thing that adds to "protect imouto-chan", right?"

"I know that tone. You know I'm not trying to baby you, I'm just doing what's natural for an older brother. I don't want you to fall in love with someone who won't recuperate those feelings for you. I want you to focus on your career then your love life." I glanced at him, an unamused expression on my face.

"Trust me, Onii-chan, I'm not going to fall in love with some ass who think my feelings are absolutely nothing. And you told me before, once I find the one, I'll know it. Besides, you of all people know that I still haven't found my first love yet."

"Yes, but that's what I'm most afraid of. My clumsy Imouto falling in love with some bastard. I just want the best for you, (name). I want you to find someone that's not... like that pathetic excuse of a father that left us because we wanted to achieve our dreams." It was clear that he was stressed out. I let out a sigh as I debated my options. Deciding against arguing with him, I closed my eyes and entered dreamland.