Chap 8 /Happy meals/

Chapter 8

~*~*~*

"Greenie..." You started in a clipped tone, tapping a foot impatiently as the last of your patience finally wavered. "How long are you going to stand there and glare at the statue?"

"...This figure disturbingly resembles a lot like Deadpool." The gem mumbled in response, eyeing the McDonald statue dubiously as if it would move any second and tackle her. You strongly held back a sigh, biting the inside of your cheeks as the temptation to roll your eyes were growing stronger by the minute. In exchange, you did the most obvious and safest way, you palmed a hand to your face and carefully pinched the skin in between your brows. "Listen Greenie, having been recently chased by a mob of weirdos doesn't exactly hit my 'to do list'. So why don't we just pretend, even for just a second, that we weren't nearly harassed by a bunch of clogs and that I haven't ran over a guy with a stolen car just now. While you..."You paused, aiming an accusing finger at her. "...hadn't zapped someone nearly to death!"

"Those clods were obviously asking for it earlier." She interjected quickly with a scoff. "Haven't I just said that we were to pretend that none of this ever happened?"

"Indeed you did, I was just merely pointing out my reasons." That did it. You massaged your temples, heaving a wary sigh. "You know what? I don't care anymore." You admitted in defeat. "What matters now, is that I'm hungry. It feels like it's been centuries since I've last eaten those pa-"

"Centuries? You must be joking!" Peridot nearly laughed, no sooner did she double over with uncontrollable laughter. "You humans must be that pathetic to believe you could last that long, when in actuality, your race falls over to merely a day or two." She berated, snickering on her own words.

"Your topic is exaggerating..." You said, putting a single hand on your left hip. "It was just a phrase anyway, not that you'd understand." You added, shooting her a look.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She narrowed her eyes, clearly not satisfied with your answer.

"If you're normal like me, you'd know." You shrugged as you started to walk away. "What do you mean normal like you?" She asked from behind you, her tone sounded a bit offended, not that you cared at the moment. "I'm completely normal."

"Really? Do I really have to spell it out for you?" You a raised a rhetoric brow. "A normal person wouldn't go snooping around and make strange faces at a statue." With that said, her face flashed bright green in color. She quickly averted her eyes and inched away from the statue awkwardly, setting both of her robotic arms on her hips. "I don't know what you're talking about." She whistled, her level of pretending was an all-time-low.

"You're such a nerd." You commented wryly, stepping through the automatic doors of the fast food chain building as it slid open. You snuck a peek past your shoulder, carefully glimpsing on the green alien behind you who bestowed such bewildered expression, as if she was fascinated by the sound of how the doors snapped open and close. "I won't complain so long you don't put McDonalds up to flames once we're done eating."

"Eating?" She repeated with a slight tremble.

"Yeah, aren't you famished?" You asked, observing her warily as she attempted to cross over. She stepped a foot forward, as if crossing a restricted area. By the time she fully stepped in, she jumped a bit back as the doors snapped shut behind her.

"Greenie..." You called, "...nor-MAL." You emphasized slowly. "I am trying to be as inconspicuous as possible!" She fired with heated green cheeks. "And don't tell me I'm not normal!" She added, one green finger levitating an inch away from your face.