~Chapter 8 - Christian~

I stood there looking at the closed door, stunned. What was happening? What is that woman doing to me? I've only known her for a hot second and I am feeling something for her. I knew were connected, I felt it with every fiber of my being, but it went beyond that. It was deeper than that. Was it love? Was I falling in love with her? Or was I already there?

I think that was what scared me the most, what made me walk away from her. And then there was Ana. I loved her more than words could say. Our connection went deeper than anything I've ever felt before. It was the kind of connection I'd been feeling with Sarah. Do I take the leap or do I back peddle and walk away from her?

That was way too much to think about without a drink. And I need one badly. With a deep sigh, I made my way down the hallway to the saloon, and over to the bar. I reached for the Jack Daniels' bottle, opened it up, and poured in a healthy amount of the amber liquid into a crystal tumbler. Yeah, it was a whiskey kind of moment.

As I downed the whiskey, it went down smooth, more like burnt like hell all the way down. I poured another glass, downed it quickly. I thought about pouring another, but two should be my limit today.

All the questions popped back into my head all at once. With no answers, I leaned up against the bar trying to figure out what the hell to do. Frustrated, I ran my hand through my wet hair and pushed myself away from the bar. I made my way out to the deck. The fresh, cool air was welcoming; though it did not give me the answers that I was seeking. Neither did the clouds as I looked up to watch them go by.