Birthday Bash

ALLISON'S POV

Okay, that was it. I couldn't sleep any longer.

I opened my eyes in a haze to see my sisters leaning over me, huge smiles plastered on their faces. "Happy 16th Birthday  Alli!" they cheered. "We love you!"

I smiled. "Aww, you guys!"

"You're going to love your first gift," Ara beamed. "Dress in something fancy!"

I furrowed my brow but obliged. "Okayyy." The two left me in my privacy to change into my cutest dress: a white knee-length with black dots that intensified near the bottom, and a big bow that went around the waist. When my sisters came back in, they went completely berserk, admiring my outfit.

"We have to do your hair!" Arly said excitedly. They didn't give me time to answer; they just shoved me down in our desk chair and pulled out the curling iron.

Hair takes so long to fix! I had to restrain from fidgeting while they wrapped my hair into ringlets.

All of my restraint soon paid off though as they put my hair up to its finishing touches; wrapping it into a beautiful, curly bun. Ara turned the chair around to face Arly, who snapped a picture and showed me my hair (we have no mirrors).

I gasped. "It looks beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you."

I turned around to see Leo in a tuxedo. My heart beat harder.

Arly squealed. "Your first gift is here!! Who wants to tell her?"

"I will," Leo said smoothly. "Surprise date at one of the fanciest restaurants in California, and a helicopter ride to take us home," he said. "Happy birthday, Allison."

I felt like crying. It was one of the best gifts I could ever get. "Thank you," I sniffed, getting out of my chair and leaping into his arms.

We parted and he linked our arms. "Milady."

I smiled and waved goodbye to my sisters. "See you guys tonight."

***

The ride to the mainland was the same old hydroloop, as Leo explained that the helicopter was already there and he wanted to save it for later.

When we arrived at the restaurant, I was amazed. It was humongous, and as Leo had said-fancy! A crystal chandelier hung delicately from the ceiling and glimmered in the sunlight that filtered in through huge, clean windows. Tables had white cloths and candles in the center. The floor was a polished wood.

I rested my head on Leo's shoulder as a waiter directed us to a table. When we were seated, Leo began the conversation.

"Your dress looks beautiful."

"Your tuxedo really brings out the smooth talk, huh?" I teased. "Leo, just because we're on a fancy date doesn't mean you have to sweet talk me."

"But I want to!" Leo admitted. He took my hands. "You deserve it, with all the crap we've been through lately."

I looked him in the eyes. "Okay. Just...don't forget to add some humor," I smiled.

"Here," he said, reaching down and reaching in this pocket. "Davenport is going to kill me for buying this...but I wanted you to have it." In Leo's hand was a velvety box, which he opened and displayed a diamond encrusted necklace. My breath caught in my throat.

"Leo, it's-it's..." I was at loss for words. I let him walk around and put the necklace on.

"Do you like it?"