~Chapter Eight~

'Blah blah blah...' was forming out of Iruka's mouth. I just couldn't find myself to pay attention. I think he was announcing squads.  I found the academy very boring.  I didn't even want to be a ninja.

  Only reason I went was because it was what my mother wanted before she was taken away from me.  The very thought of her brought tears to my eyes.  Closing my eyes, I tried to focus on something else.

  "Sora?"

  Looking over to my right I gave him a sad smile.  "Sorry I zoned out."

  "Well cheer up!" Naruto grinned trying to make me feel better.  "We're on the same squad."  Then a frown formed.  "But so is that teme." He muttered.

  "I can handle him, I'm just glad Sakura isn't on our team."  He gave me a nervous smile.  I groaned in annoyance.  "You've got to be kidding me!"

  "Is something bothering you that you had to interrupt Sora?"  Iruka voiced in an annoyed tone.

  Looking around, I noticed everyone watching me.  Nervously, I rubbed the back of my neck, a bad habit of mine.  "Sorry."

  "Baka."  Sasuke muttered next to me.

  "Want to hit the floor again?" He just ignored me, making me roll my eyes.

  Soon everyone was put into squads, now all we have to do is wait for our sensei.  Eventually, everyone left, including Iruka causing me to bounce my right leg up and down repeatedly out of boredom and frustration.  Only one ninja had a habit of being this late and I hope I'm wrong.

  It would be weird if my sensei turned out to be my dad plus I couldn't slack off like I wanted.