Chapter 1

I was raised in California with my two parents. I was originally born in Maine, but that was before the war broke out. So me and my parents fled to the west coast to go live with my Aunt and Uncle. My dad hates to rely on other people for help but we really had no choice. Russia and America have been pat war for over 5 years, and even though it was coming to a close, the Northeast coast was still a battle field.

I guess I haven't really introduced myself. My name is Casey, I'm 14 years old, and if you haven't already learned I live in California. And before you ask no,we're not still living with my Aunt, and Uncle. My dad  found work as a Contractor. And my mom works at at a company that makes and sell parts for airplanes. So that means that my parents are never around, so I usually spend most of my summer days either at home or at the beach.

I don't really love the beach, but it's away from the house. And when I do go there I usually sit on the boardwalk and read a book. People ask my why I like to read, and I guess it's because I have such a curious mind for everything. My mom would say " The world is full of secrets just waiting to be explored." I guess it was then that I learned I wanted to discover the worlds hidden secrets.

My mom never really tells me anything about her past. It's like she has something deep and dark she wants to keep from me. When I do ask her about her past she just says the time will come when it's ready.

Ring Ring!!!!! My phone goes off. "Hello?" I answer
"Casey" it's my dad
"Something went wrong while your mom was at work she's in the hospital."

A/N
Hi guys!!!!!! So this is my first book to ever write and I'm SO excited to keep writing!!!!!
Updates will be every Friday ( Even thought I wrote this on a Thursday)

Comment and vote if you like:)
If you have any ideas for the story let me know!!!

Love
Erena ❤️