2- Rejected

HiroxReader

Requested by @SarahStevens4 :3

•••*•••

"Hey (Y/N), take this flyer," Fred said as I walked into the nerd lab, handing me a colorful sheet of paper off of the top of a huge stack he was carrying.

"SFIT fall dance?" I asked, reading the heading out loud.

"Yup, Honey Lemon is running the committee and asked me to hand out the flyers," Fred replied.

"Okay... Cool," I said, walking over to my section in the nerd lab and placing the flyer on my desk. I began working on my latest robotic creation when Hiro walked into the lab.

"Hey Hiro!" I called, waving him over to where I was working.

"What's up?" He asked as he walked over.

"I made some adjustments, watch this," I explained. Taking the video game like controller off of my desk, I began to move my butler robot around the lab.

"What's new?" Hiro asked.

"He also vacuums," I replied, grinning.

"You invented this so you won't need to do your chores, didn't you," Hiro asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Possibly," I replied, elbowing him and grinning.

•••*•••

I walked up to my locker in the hallway to put my lunchbox away when I saw Hiro leaning against the wall near one of the classrooms. I began to approach him, but before I could engage in a conversation, he caught the attention of one of the girls that walked out of the class.

"Hey, Lavender," he called, waving to the girl.

"Oh, hi Hiro," she said, walking over to stand in front of him. She was only a little bit taller than Hiro.

"Y-yeah, so, that dance is coming up soon," Hiro began, scratching the back of his neck, "and I was wondering if you would be interested in possibly, maybe, attending, the event, with me..." He continued, fading out on his last few words.

"Oh, sorry Hiro, you're a sweet boy and all, but, I mean, you're fifteen and I'm seventeen..." Lavender explained, "I'm sorry, but good luck asking another girl," she added before walking away. Deciding it wasn't the best time to walk up to Hiro, I made my way back to the nerd lab.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Fred called across the room from his recliner.

"Hey Fred!" I called back as I made my way over to him.

"Hey guys," Honey Lemon said as she rushed over, "red or yellow?" She asked, holding a pen close to the clipboard in her hand.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"For the decorations for the dance," Honey Lemon explained.

"What kind of red?" I asked, smirking as I saw a look of surprise cross Honey Lemon's face.

"I would say it's kind of like a tuscan red," Honey Lemon decided.

"And what kind of yellow?" I continued.

"Bright," Honey Lemon replied quickly.

"Definitely the red," I decided, nodding.

"Oh, hey Hiro!" Honey Lemon said, walking past me to where Hiro was standing.

"Hi," he replied glumly, not looking up from his shoes.

"Aw, what's wrong, Hiro?" Honey Lemon asked.

"I got rejected," he explained, kicking a little bit at the ground, "I guess I just need a little bit of cheering up," he added.

"Hey Hiro, why was six afraid of seven?" I asked.

"Because seven eight nine?" Hiro asked, unamused.

"No, because seven is a prime number and can be quite intimidating," I relied, smirking and crossing my arms. When Hiro didn't even smile the slightest bit, I knew I needed to up my game.

"What if after school we went to the grocery store and hide behind the toilet paper and scare the crap out of people?" I suggested.

"That would be fun," Hiro admit, the corner of his mouth moving slightly.

"The we're set!" I cheered.

"I need to go poll some more people, good luck getting a date to the dance, Hiro!" Honey Lemon said, waving before she walked away.

"I better go hand out some more flyers, see you guys later!" Fred said, pulling the top of his mascot costume back over his head and walking away.

"I don't know who to ask," Hiro complained, still not looking up from the ground.

"There are plenty of girls in this school," I said, elbowing Hiro in the side, "let's see, OH, you could ask Thalia, she's nice," I suggested.

"I'll just be rejected again," Hiro mumbled.

"And why do you think that?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

"Because all of these girls are older than me!" He complained, "leave it to me to go along and be a child prodigy, now I can't get a date to save my life because every other girl in this school is three years older than me!"

"I'm not..." I mumbled.

"What did you say?" Hiro asked, looking up, even though now I was the one avoiding eye contact.

"I said I'm not, okay?" I repeated myself.

"Y-you would go to the dance with me?" Hiro asked, his eyes widening.

"Why do you think I wouldn't?" I asked.

"I don't know, because you have a brain?" Hiro asked.

"Hiro, I have liked you... Like, like liked, for... Awhile..." I began, my face growing warm.

"You mean, you... Like me?" Hiro asked, his eyes growing wide again.

"I know, it's ridiculous, I'm sorry I even brought it up-" I began to apologize for being so foolish.

"No, no, no, (Y/N)," Hiro began, cutting me off, "I... Like like you too, for awhile now," he said, smiling a little.

"Then why the heck did you ask Lavender to the dance?!" I asked.

"Because I didn't think I had a shot with you," Hiro admit.

"Hiro freaking Hamada, first off, even if I didn't like you, there was no way I was going to that dance with an eighteen year old boy, second off, even if there were other kids our age here, I wouldn't have gone with any of them," I told him.

"Oh, well... (Y/N) (L/N), would you like to go to the dance with me?" Hiro asked sheepishly.

"No, Hiro, I would hate that," I said sarcastically, "yes, dummy, I'd like that," I said afterwards, smiling a little to myself as a huge grin spread on Hiro's face.

"Well, I got to go, see you at the grocery store after school," I said, quickly kissing Hiro's cheek before making my way towards the doorway. I didn't need to turn around to know that Hiro was standing there with his mouth open, his face reddening.

•••*•••

Author's Note

mAN, sorry I'm so freaking aWFUL at naming chapters. I just- it's hard, okay.

I'm probably going to ask this in every author's note, but send me those one shot requests people. I don't care if you have like fiVE BILLION.

Thank you!

-Snarky_Cactus