"His boss is his father and he was abused as a kid, that's why he didn't want to tell me, because he's ashamed of his fear of him."

I really didn't mean to reveal the fact that he was abused. I don't know how Darius will react when he finds out that Cass knows.

Her eyes widen in an exaggerated manner. Is she really drunk on her second drink? On her second soft little woman cocktail?

"He told me there is a lot I don't know, but didn't tell me anything on the whole way home. He doesn't want to tell me yet and I don't know why anymore."

"Amything else?" She stares at her glass as she sips on the straw casually waiting for me to continue.

"Oh yeah, his dad wants Darius to kill me."

She coughs on her drink. She puts it down before she spills it. She takes my beer to wash it down which I find really funny.

"Wait, so in two weeks, by the time we'll leave, he's going to have to kill you?"

Wow, I didn't realize that I don't have time.

"Yep, I guess so."

"Ugh God, May, drink. Please, drink your freaking bear. How are you not tempted to drink your thoughts away now?"

I take a sip of the beer, "I have control. I worked on it though. It wasn't always this easy."

***

He leans on the podium in the empty amphitheatre and stares at Cass talk. She has an unbelievable amount of questions to ask Mr. Keller and he offered to see us this morning. Well, morning as in 1 PM. I, the early rise always freshened up by 8 AM, woke up at 10h30. Let alone Cass who barely rolled out of bed at noon.

"You know where I studied liberal arts?" He looks at us waiting for an answer.

We shake our heads.

"Franklin University, 5 years ago."

"And do you know what I majored in?" He continues, fixing his posture, but still with an arm rested on the podium.

Again, a shake of the head.

"History. And what am I teaching now?"

"Psychology," we both say in choir.

"Isn't that unsual? I studied documents of the past, but teach the undocumentable. I teach about the brain. How did I get here you might ask?"

"You really like answering your own questions?" Cass has her arms rested on her chest, looking at him with a grin.

He laughs. "Like you, Cass, I didn't know where to go. I had to chose between economics, visual art, history and psychology. Very different yet they seemed all the same to me. I liked the content of each as much and I told myself that if a major didn't give me a steady career path in, I'd teach it."

I kind of cringe at the idea of him teaching psychology, because I fear that his major didn't have a career path, that's why he ended up teaching, but I quickly remind myself that he majored in history.

"I chose history and I started in it, but I asked the school if I could be in another major's basic class and they accepted. So, I was Mike Keller, major in history with a class of Basic Psychology I.

"My friends would think it was super weird. Let alone the sole fact that I was asking for more classes than given, but the mix of them both. Later on, I learned to adore psychology, but I was kind of happy I didn't major in it. Majoring in it would have made me learn a lot about the science of it and not the inexplicable. My background in history really made me a better teacher and a better representation of liberal arts psychology."