An Irish Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Morning Zo" he said tiredly.

He let me sit up on his lap and I leaned against his chest, sleep still in my eyes.

"It's night time Niall, look outside" I pointed to the window.

"Oh yeah, course" he smiled at his own stupidity.

He talked me through his family in the time we had before we landed. His mum was called Maura and his stepdad was called Chris. He had a brother called Greg but he was spending Christmas with his 'wife to be' was how Niall put it.

When we finally landed it took us ages to get through security but then even longer to get through all of the screaming girls begging from autographs from Niall. We wheeled our suitcases out of the arrivals tunnel to where Niall was suffocated in a hug by a woman who must have been his mother. She was quite a bit shorter than Niall so it looked like a bit of an awkward hug. Not that I blame her, she hasn't seen her son for ages. Niall then shook hands with a man who I guessed was Chris, because when you're in an airport you don't usually just shake hands with a random stranger.

"And this is Zoe" Niall took me by the shoulders and pushed me towards Maura.

She looked at me with a warm smile on her face and hugged me. It was weird being hugged by Maura, not bad weird, just different to the boy hugs, probably because they were so much taller than her.

"It's nice to meet you" I said politely.

"I'm Chris" Chris held out his hand which I shook, I don't think we were on hugging terms just yet.

Chris collected my suitcase for me.

"Straight to bed for you two when we get home, it's two in the morning you know" Maura laughed at Niall and I who were half asleep in the back of the car, leaning on each other for support.

"See, told you it was morning" Niall chuckled tiredly, nudging my arm slightly.

I sighed and snuggled further into his chest, letting him put an arm around me. It was a lot colder in Ireland compared to where we were in America.

Niall's POV

The car ride home didn't take to long but Zoe was pretty much asleep by the time we got there. It was nice to be home, I hadn't seen it for ages. I was so glad that Zoe chose to spend Christmas with me, but I did feel bad for the other boys, we had all talked about it when Zoe wasn't around and said that there would be no hard feelings towards the one that Zoe chose.

Though I did notice when I hugged Liam goodbye he was very stiff, but I guess that was just the affect of having to say goodbye to Zoe. I got out the car first and lifted Zoe out after me, placing her on my hip. Her head dropped onto my shoulder and I kissed the top of her head.

"You're very good with her" mum said warmly, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I smiled at her and then looked down to Zoe, I don't even know where we would be right now if she hadn't come into our lives.

"The spare room is ready and I made your bed up Niall so the two of you can go to bed" mum said.

Chris helped me carry Zoe and I's suitcases upstairs and he placed Zoe's in the spare room. She was already in her onesie so I didn't bother trying to change her into some pyjamas and instead just tucked her underneath the big duvet.

"Night Zo" I whispered, kissing her forehead and stroking her cheek.

I crept back into my room, knowing Chris and mum had gone back to bed as well. I changed into some tracksuit bottoms and a long sleeve shirt and got into my old bed. I looked around my rather untidy room, the posters and items reminding me of what I used to be before the X factor.