Geek turned Popular? Finding Love at a New School

"KIRSTYYY!!!" someone screamed as they threw themselves through my door and tackled me to the floor from my desk chair.

"ahhhhh!" I screamed. "Oh, it's you Sasha. Geez, way to scare the freakin' daylights out of me!" I said to my cousin, as we got back on our feet and sat on my dark blue bed.

Sasha is my age, 17, and is the ultimate princess - but without the bitchy attitude, thank god. She has light brown hair that falls straight to just past her shoulders. The hair highlights her beautiful green eyes and high cheek bones - I feel absolutely plain next to her. I have light blue eyes and blonde, wavy hair that goes to about my waist.

Not that anyone ever sees my eyes or hair because I always have on my glasses and my hair is always up in a pony tail, under a hoodie. Also, god cursed me with a too large chest that I constantly have to hide under big tees. We had always been close as kids, even though we're like polar opposites. What with her being Miss Popular and me Miss Nobody. But I liked it that way. My family are the only people that I'm comfortable being with and talking to.

"Oh chill babes, I just wanted to surprise you. Aren't you happy to see your favourite cuz?" Sasha said, breaking my thoughts.

"Nope" I simply said causing her to pout like a little kid. But her face suddenly changed into a knowing, evil one.

Oh No. I know that look. I jumped off the bed and tried to run away, but she was too fast. I felt a heavy weight pounce on my back and I knew I was a goner. We fell to the ground and she started to mercilessly tickle me.

"ahhhh....Sasha....stop....Sasha...." I said between fits of giggles.

She finally stopped, letting me catch my breath, but didn't get off me.

"So what do you say biatch? Did you miss your beautiful cousin?" Sasha said with a mock-mafia voice that made me laugh again.

"yeah, yeah, whatever you evil monster" I said, just trying to get her to get off me, which she finally did.

I got up and fell onto my bed. Being tickled really takes it out of you.

"So what are you doing here Sasha? I though you went on a trip to the U.K?" I asked.

"Oh, that what so last month babe, we got back last week. Actually I'm here to tell you the most fantabulous news ever!" She said obviously ecstatic about something. Probably a new Mr. Perfect. Now don't get me wrong, I love my cousin, but she has the worst taste in guys.

"What is it?" I asked slightly bored, because she was obvious waiting for a lead up.

"YOUR MOVING TO MY SCHOOL IN EVEREST !! Can you believe it ?!" She screamed.

Woohhh. I so was not expecting that one.

**

Apparently she was telling the truth because I went and asked my mum and she told me that she thought that I would benefit from a higher class school. We were what you call; well off in the money department, so I guess that makes sense, though I don't know why she wouldn't have just enrolled me there in the first place instead of waiting till senior year.

Typical really - my mum is such an air head, but I still love her. And what did she mean by "benefit" from moving; I was already getting straight A's in all my subjects. I told her this and you know what she said

"I'm actually more worried about the social side of your education darling, I know your smart, but maybe you'll find some friends here to share your senior year with."

Blehhh, whatever. A new school isn't going to change me that much.

**

So it's the day before my first appearance at Everest High. I was pretty excited, not the usual sullenness that most teens would probably have if they were in the same situation, but then again they would have friends that they left behind - I didn't. I was working on a new song on my guitar when the door blasted open by none other than Sasha.

"Come on Kirsty, we're going SHOPPING!!" she said with a huge grin on her face.

"What for?" I grumbled, distracted by the new bridge I was creating.

"Tomorrow silly! I'm giving you a Makeover!" I was clear from the way she said it that the word came with a capital 'M'. Well that got my attention.

After about a half hour of begging and arguing, she finally convinced me to go to the mall. The rest of the day was spent creating a new image. Sasha bought me new contact so that I didn't need the glasses anymore, and I received a freakin' $400 salon haircut. My blonde hair received highlights and I got a side bang fringe. Even though I asked for my hair to be cut short, Sasha and the hairdresser refused, saying that it would be a crime against nature. After my haircut, my crazy cousin took me to a makeup parlor where they matched my skin colour to their make-up. I have never, ever worn more than lip chap in my life, so saying it was a new experience would be the understatement of the year. It was actually kind of exciting in a way, being pampered and spoiled. Once those the make-up was taken care of, Sasha forced me to change a million times into new clothes. Skinny jeans, short shorts, tank tops, little vests, jackets, ... the whole works. I swear I was swaying of exhaustion by the time we got home with a limo full of bags.

**

The big day arrived, and I was shaking with nerves. Usually I don't care what other people think of me, but I decided that I was going to actually be someone this year, not an invisible fixture in the background. After a quick breakky, me and Sash went to work on the new look.

I wore black skinny jeans that hugged my hips, white stiletto pumps that I thought I was going to fall over in, an almost-tight white tank top with a scoop neck line, with a thick black belt around my mid. I was pretty slim but I wasn't used to showing my figure and I think I would've been much more comfortable in sweats and a band tee. I had to remind myself a couple of times that this was what I wanted. Sasha did my hair, leaving it down and curling some while straightening others. I had to admit that it didn't look too bad the way she made it natural but pretty. She also did my make-up where she kept it light but made my blue eyes pop out.

When we were finally finished, Sasha turned to me grinning and said

"Oh. Em. Gee. I am a total genius."

"Not completely terrible?" I asked, shyly.

"Are you kidding? Babe, you look so hot. You're going to make the boys drool when they see you" she said with a wink.

We heard my mum calling from downstairs, "Girls, are you ready yet?! We're going soon!"

Sasha went downstairs, leaving me to look one last time in the mirror.

Well I guess this is it. I thought to myself. Time to face Everest High as the new me.

**

Comment Me and Rate Me pretty pleaseee (= ciao