White Feathers

I jumped over the turnstiles and launched into the lair. Our home.
      "Finally Leo!! You've been gone for hours!" Called Raph from the couch, flopping his magazine on to the cushion next to him.
"Yeah, time flies!" I shrugged. I walked past the couch, and was heading to the dojo to meditate, but Donnie spoke up, stopping me as I reached for the handle.

"Hey, Leo! Did you have a fight with Pigeon Pete? You've got some feathers falling out of your shell!" He laughed, and I looked down at my feet. Three of my white feathers were on the ground, stirred softly by my movement. I bent down, and scooped them up, shakily staring at them.
      "Leo? You alright?" Asked Michelangelo, putting a worried hand on my shoulder.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I said, shrugging his hand off. I hurried off into the dojo, sighing worriedly as I stared at them.
      I ran over to Sensei's door. I lightly knocked, and waited a few seconds before hearing footsteps behind the door.
      Master Splinter opened said door, and smiled lightly.
      "Yes My son?" He looked from me, to the feathers in my hand.
       "Hehe...yeah...I-I'm molting again." I laughed, embarrassed,  while rubbing the back of my head.
      He sighed, and laughed slightly. He walked out, and trudged to the dojo door, making sure it was locked.
      "Show me your wings, my son." He said, walking back towards me. I slowly unfolded my wings and spread them out to their full length.
      Sensei inspected them, brushing his hands down them. Honestly, I felt kinda awkward...Yeah he's my father but still. Awkward...
      "T-the guys saw the feathers..." I said, quietly. Master Splinter walked around and stood in front of me. I pulled my wings closer to me and looked up at him.
       "My son, you don't need to be scared of them. I know your scared of how they shall react, but you should tell them." He put his hand on my shoulder, reassuringly.
      "I know, Sensei, but I can't help but be scared. I don't know how they'll react. What if they hate them? What if they make me cut them off?!" I exclaimed, and pulled my wings around me, tighter, crossing my arms. Oh, how I felt like disappearing into my shell...
      "Leonardo, you are a creature of beauty. I don't think their reactions will be bad ones."
      I took a deep breath and put my wings away, myriad feathers raining down. I frowned, and began picking them up.
      Once I had gathered all of the pure white feathers, I stood and met Sensei's gaze. He smiled, and gestured towards the feathers.
      "I can take those." He said, quietly. I handed him the feathers, and smiled up at him. I'm so glad he's as understanding as he is.
      "Thank you for talking with me, Sensei." I bowed towards him, and turned, beginning to walk towards the door.
      I unlocked the door and, before leaving, nodded my head towards my Father. I opened the door, and, in my ecstatic state, ran directly into someone's plastron.
      I looked to see Donnie, Raph, and Mikey all standing with arms crossed.
      "Hey...What are all of you doing there?" I asked, nervously. Adjusting my cloak as the ends swished around my ankles.
        They all raised an eyebrow ridge.
      "H-how much did you hear?" I asked, swallowing my fear
      "All of it." Grumbled Raph. My eyes widened in absolute horror.
      "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to lie for so long! I really did mean to tell-" I was cut off by an eruption of laughter.
      "Y-you s-should h-have s-e-en y-your fa-ce Hahahahahahah!!" Mikey laughed.
      "Y-yeah! P-priceless! D-did we g-get t-that o-on c-camera?!" Exploded Raph.
      "R-regrettably, n-no!!" Chuckled Donnie. I frowned, adjusting my cloak, quickly twisting on my heels away from them. I began walking towards my room, ignoring their obnoxious laughter.
      I sighed out of annoyance, and walked down the hall to my room. That was completely rude! And not at all funny I might add. That really freaked me out! I looked down at my hands as they were shaking. I sighed, shutting my eyes.
      Ugh, why can't they ever be serious? I wondered this as I sat on my bed. I scooted over, and laid down on the mattress I loved so much. What...? It's a good mattress.
      Looking up at the ceiling, I wondered,

      How would I tell them?

I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts by a knock at the door. Without even waiting for an answer, Raph poked his head in.
      "Hey..." He said.
      "Hi, whats up?" I asked, quietly.
      "I'm...uh..er...s-sorry... if we made you feel bad. We didn't actually hear anything..." He said quietly, walking into my room and shutting the door. He sat on the floor, and I joined him.
      "You really like this ragged ol' thing, don't cha?" He asked, poking my cloaked shoulder.
      "Yeah I guess I'm pretty attached to it. You know I've had it since we were kids." I murmured.
      "Why do you wear it?" He asked, probing. I shrugged, getting slightly uncomfortable.
      "Don't you ever take it off?" He asked, leaning closer to me.
      "N-no." I whispered, shaking m head. This is too weirddddd.
      "Why not?"
      "B-because... Raph...can you leave now?" I asked, quietly. He didn't say anything, only got up and silently left.
      I breathed out a sigh of relief, and climbed back onto my bed. I grabbed my headphones, and put them on; plugging the cord into my T-phone.
      I turned on 'Fourth of July' by Fall Out Boy. Don't judge. At least I'm not fangirling over them. I just like their music. I repeat: NOT fangirling.
       I did what I always did; and fell asleep while listening to music.

--------------------
I updated! But you already knew that.

Anyway I hope you Owlets like this book! I know it barely started and its probably kinda boring at the moment but I PROMISE it will get better!

Random shout out to insurgent2201 !!!

She inspired me a lot!! Like A LOT!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🐢

Baii mah Owlets!

~PhantomSkye