Coronation

Today was the big day. Bens coronation. Or the day Evil rules the world.

I was wearing a full out toga that went to my knees with white Greek sandals. It was a black one strapped with two white belts under my bust and around my torso. I was also wearing a red rose flower crown that matched Carlos's tie. We had even put Dude in a tie.

When we got to the event my hair was so green it looked yellow which I of course pulled off as happiness. No one knew what my hair colors meant exactly yet so if they saw green they wouldn't know I was afraid. If they figured out I was afraid suspicion would start on why I was fearful instead of cheerful.

    The whole time of waiting for it to begin was me squeezing Dude or talking to Carlos, Jay, and Evie. Mal had left early because she was arriving in a carriage with Ben.

I hear Snow Whites voice sound throughout the speakers talking about all the princesses and princes that are arriving and what they're wearing. I could practically feel the Evil Queens hate for her right here knowing she was watching on the island.

Fancy music was playing about and I looked at all the people around me greeting each other as old friends. The girls were twirling in their dresses and the men were chatting about proclamations to be made or the recent Tourney game. I leaned back against Carlos feeling faint from anxiety. I wasn't overreacting though. I didn't want to do this.

Fairy Godmother takes off the cloak covering the glass case which held the wand. At the sight I gulp and hug Dude tighter. I feel Carlos tug me practically into his chest and I clutch Evies hand. We were all nervous and wanted to get out of here faster then Fairy Godmother can say 'Bippoty Boppoty Boo.'

I hear the trumpets begin to blare as a carriage pulls up holding Ben and Mal. I sigh in relief when I see Ben had eaten the anti love potion. Ben was kinda like a brother and Mal was right. It was extra cruel to leave him in love with her.

I start to chew on my long nails as I watch Mal and Ben meet up with the king and queen. I assume all went well when Bens dad pats him on the back and smiles are shared. I glance over to Carlos and he smiles before looking down at our hands and intertwining them. I smile back and kiss the edge of his mouth.

We get ushered into our seats front row in the stands. The choir was singing behind us and everyone around me at least a meter away. They clearly haven't met a girl with fire hair before. My hair had dimmed down a bit so it was neon green but luckily again no one knew what that meant besides my friends.

I share a look with Jay and Evie as the gates open for Ben. Carlos was staring at the ground with a blank expression and the rest of us looked like we were on the verge of crying.

When Ben walks into the room everyone starts to bow. I quickly follow curtsying with Dude still in my arms. I let a small shaky breath, my hair had turned a mix of green and dark blue. The people around me were watching me warily as my hair kept changing colors.

My heart starts pounding when Fairy Godmother bows to king and queen before removing the kings crown. My hair shoots up in darker shades of green and blue then before.

Fairy Godmother slowly places the crown on Bens head and Bens dad lifts off the glass case. I stuff my head into Carlos's shoulder and squeeze Evies hand. Mal looks over to us and my hair sticks up some more. By now my friends could tell I was freaking out because my hair never gets this big. Carlos hugs me to his side and we both hold onto Dude.

The Fairy Godmother takes the wand out and heads over to Ben. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and with mercy as long as you shall reign?" She asks Ben and he smiles.