chappy 8

Chapter 8: Corruption

The next day was one Naruto had been slightly anxious about. He had no idea what kind of training Kyuubi had in mind, and was not too pleased when he found out. Currently the blonde boy was balancing himself over a pond of water with one arm, whilst forming a Rasengan in the other.

Kyuubi said that he needed to perfect his chakra control if he ever wanted to fully harness the fox's powers. Naruto was sweating profusely as he balanced himself over the water and kept his Rasengan maintained. Currently he had been in this position for the past two minutes.

It took intense focus and he nearly lost it a few times when Kyuubi would randomly yell at him. "Make it bigger! This is no longer challenging you!"

Doing as commanded, the boy focused more chakra into his Rasengan causing it to grow in diameter until it was twice the size of a regular one. "That's the best you can do? Make it bigger!"

A brief moment of concentration later, his Rasengan grew in size. Naruto nearly lost his balance and began to sway slightly. He struggled as his arm began to shake from the added power. "Switch arms now!"

This next part was something that Naruto hated to do. Kyuubi had suggested the maneuver as a from of chakra mastery practice, but Naruto considered it torture. He was supposed to transfer the orb of chakra in his Rasengan hand to the hand holding him up and then land back on the water with the new open hand.

Naruto tried it again, for the twentieth time that day. As he transferred his Rasengan, it lost half of its size and Naruto fell face first into the pond. A large splash erupted as he jumped out of the water again soaking wet and frustrated.

He shook his head annoyed, 'I hate this shit, Kyuubi! Why do I need to know how to transfer my Rasengan?'

"Do you remember what your old sensei said? He told you that channeling elemental chakra into a Rasengan would take extreme focus. This is a little solution I developed to try and help you understand how it works."

'I am not training to become a damn acrobat! This is stupid! What'll you have me doing next…juggling?'

"Don't disrespect me you ungrateful kit! I am going out of my way to help you become stronger. The purpose of this exercise is to teach you two things. One, it will help you multitask when you create an elemental Rasengan, and two it will teach you how to control our massive chakra levels so you can use my tails."

'Alright fine…just calm down you crazy fox! I swear, sometimes I forget you are the nine-tails. I mean you seem so human at times…' Naruto leaned against a nearby tree and caught his breath as he stared at the water.

"Hahaha…I do not know whether to find that ironic or insulting."

'It's true though. How do you know so much about people…the Shinobi nations more specifically?'

"I had a feeling you would ask me this sooner or later. I am not making the mistake of telling you anything other than what is necessary. I have been around for a long time and I have seen many things."

'Seriously, Kyuubi, What are you exactly?'

"I am a lot of things…some you know well…others you could not even begin to understand. "

Naruto did not like the way Kyuubi said that. He shook his head, 'When you go around talking like that, I start to wonder…just where the hell did you come from? I mean are you some kind of demon or spirit? I hear people refer to you as the demon fox, but there's got to be more to it than that. You say you aren't evil…so what is your purpose?'