Chapter 1

Peyton's POV:
"Ready or not, here I come!" I yelled. I immediately ran the length of my basement and into my room. I looked in my closet first, because there is always someone that is dumb enough to use the closet as their hiding spot. All the lights were off to make the game a little more challenging, so it was difficult to see, but if I listened hard enough, I could faintly hear someone breathing. I smiled to myself before pouncing on the unfortunate soul that poorly chose my tiny closet as a hiding spot. "Found you!" I yelled, and the person yelped as I landed on them.

"Ouch, Peyton! You know you can just say you found me instead of breaking my ribs."

"Oops. Sorry, Coen. But what's the fun in that?" I laughed as he pushed me off him and then proceeded to stumble out of my closet groaning and holding his side from where I had landed on him. Coen is about two inches taller than me (5'6) and has dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. He's a few months older than I am, but not in maturity. We fight like siblings and tease each other like crazy. He also is extremely annoying. But other than that, Coen is one of the most caring, kind people I know.

"Have you found anyone else yet?" he asked.

"Nope. Also, for future reference, don't hide in the closet. That's where everyone looks first," I said giving him a pat on the back.

"Shut up, Pey. James took my hiding spot and I didn't have anywhere else to go." Coen grumbled. I laughed and went to search for the others.

You may be wondering why a group of five seventeen year olds are playing hide and seek in my basement. Well, after another failed attempt at our Disney/Harry Potter movie marathon, we got bored. And its kind of a tradition that we do. Whenever we all hang out at my house to watch movies, (which we never actually end up doing because no one will shut up) we almost always end up playing hide and seek. We've been doing this since we were thirteen and don't plan on stopping soon.

The next most common spot to hide is in the storage room, the next room over from my room and beside the laundry. I walked in the room slowly, this room has always kind of freaked me out. I looked around briefly, deciding that no one was in here and as I turned to walk out a tall dark figure jumped off the freezer in the corner right in front of me, making me scream at the top of my lungs. In my fright, I tried to take a couple steps back, but that resulted in me tripping over old boxes and falling into a stack of old blankets. I heard laughter and immediately knew who it was.

"James, that was so not funny!" I cried from where I had landed in a box with a blanket on my head.

"You... You should've seen your face!" James said between his laughter.

"He's right, Pey. Your face was priceless," laughed Sage as she came out of her hiding spot in the shower. I groaned and rolled my eyes as I struggled to get out of the box I had fallen in. Suddenly, two pairs of hands were pulling me out of the box and onto my feet.

"Thanks," I sighed and dusted myself off. Sage and James were considered my best friends. Sage was a little taller than me with long, silky brown hair and dark brown eyes and black nerdy glasses. She is a nerd, but in the best way. James on the other hand was a giant compared to us, considering he was 6'2 and played basketball. Anyone could easily be intimidated by him, but if you really got to know him, you'd find he's just a giant teddy bear with big feet.

"JORDAN, YOU CAN CO-what are you doing?" I started to call for Jordan to come out of her hiding spot when she came down the stairs holding a bowl and a giant spoon.

"Getting ice cream, duh," said Jordan as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "What happened? I heard a scream," she said before eating a giant spoonful of cookie dough ice cream.

"Nothing much. Just me scaring Peyton so bad that she fell into a box," James said before breaking out into a fit laughter again.

"Shut up," I moaned and covered my face with my hands so they wouldn't see me blushing, but it just made everyone else start laughing.

"Smooth, Peyton," Jordan laughed. Jordan was about an inch or two taller than me with straight blond hair that reached about the middle of her back and gorgeous blue eyes. Jordan and I's moms had grown up together, and so had we.

Suddenly, Coen ran into the room and jumped on top of James, who fell into Sage. Sage grabbed my arm and my foot shot out and tripped Jordan, so that put all of us on the floor on top of each other laughing our heads off. We laughed even harder when we saw that Jordan's bowl of ice cream had landed all over Coen. Well, serves him right for causing all of us to fall. After we all calmed down we decided to ditch hide and seek and try watching the third Harry Potter movie, which was where we left off before we started playing games. We settled down on the floor with piles of blankets and pillows all around us. I laid in the middle with Jordan on my right and James on my left. Coen was beside Jordan and Sage was beside James. We all fell asleep like that, with the sound of the Prisoner of Azkaban still playing softly in the background. Its not the first time this has happened, all of us falling asleep together. We've all been best friends since we were little, and plan on staying that way.

Author's Note
Hey guys! Hope you like the first chapter. Sorry it's short, it's kind of just a filler to introduce the characters. Drama will start soon *evil laugh*

By the way, I run this account with my best friend, who writes Moments Like These (CHECK IT OUT ITS SWAG). The two of us and our other friend kind of write these stories together, so I hope you enjoy these stories as much as we do!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! I would love to know your opinions on the story!
~HarperAddisonBlue

//edited//