Chapter 2

Blue was sitting on a log. He had an irritated expression. Geez whats wrong with me? He wondered with a sour expression.

Blue started to poke the fire. He heard a twig snap behind him. He looked back and saw a tearstained Red. "Red..? Are you okay? Whats wrong?" He asked, jogging up to the crying Red.

Red leaped forward and hugged Blue tightly. He buried his face in Blue's chest. He let his tears run freely down his cheeks.

Blue froze when Red hugged him. What should I do? He seems so upset! He thought. He gave up and hugged Red back. "Tell me. What made you cry?" He asked softly.

Red felt himself blush. He's being kind..? Stop Blue..you're making me love you even more... He thought. "I h-had a nightmare.." He whimpered.

Blue sighed. He held Red's arms. "What was it about?" He asked.

"I dreamt that y-you all forgot m-me and l-left me all a-alone! Wh-What made it w-worse was you l-leaving me.." Red sobbed.

Blue frowned. "Why would I leave you?" He asked.

"Because! You g-guys always make m-me feel like I-I'm useless!! It h-hurts!" Red cried, hugging Blue closer.

Blue's eyes widened. He hadn't realized he was hurting Red. "Red...I'm sorry.." He whispered, hugging Red back lightly.

Red gasped. He buried his face in Blue's neck. "Ah..luh hyue Blue..." He confessed, though it was muffled.

Blue tilted his head. "What was that? What did you say?" He asked curiously.

Red shook his head lightly. "Nothing. Nevermind." He said with a smile.

Blue nodded slowly. "O-kay? Well, you should go back to bed. I still have another hour and Green is on watch next." He remarked.

Red pouted and sat down on the log. "I'll stay out here with you!" He declared happily.

Blue felt his cheeks heat up. Why do I feel kinda happy when he says that..? He wondered. He nodded. "Sure. Just don't bug me." He grumbled, putting back on his grouchy attitude.

Red giggled and nodded. He sat there calmly. I wonder what Blue thinks of me. Am I an annoying pest? Or am I somewhat a significant person in his life? He wondered, tapping his foot nervously.

Blue glanced over at Red. He furrowed his brow. "Red, are you okay?" He asked in somewhat a moody tone.

Red jumped slightly and looked at him. "Oh! Yeah I'm fine! Just thinking of things." He replied with a kind smile.

Blue nodded and turned his attention back to the fire.

*****
Red, Blue, Green, Vio, and Shadow had packed up the camp and was on the road again. "Vio--! When is the next town?!" Red asked in a whiney tone.

Vio rolled his eyes. "We won't get there until dinner time, so calm down." He replied cooly.

Red hung his head in defeat. "Ugh...my feet.." He mumbled, massaging the soles of his feet. He suddenly was being carried. He yelped and looked up. "B-Blue?!" He asked shocked.

Blue rolled his eyes. "Don't get the wrong idea. I'm just tired of your complaining." He stated.

Red's face turned, well, red. He nodded shyly and allowed himself to be carried. He looked up at Blue's face. He had piercing azure eyes, his jaw was chisled, his nose was small and rounded perfectly, and, well, his face all in all, fascinated Red. To him, Blue was perfect.

"What are you looking at?" Blue asked, raising his brow in curiosity.

Red blushed. "Ah! Oh! N-Nothing! I was just staring off into space.." He stammered.

Blue shrugged and moved his arms, to get a better grip on Red's body. "Geez, you're heavier than you look." He remarked.

Red pouted. "Are you calling me fat?" He asked in a huff.

Blue rolled his eyes. "No. I am not saying that." He answered annoyed.

Red nodded and he grinned. After a bit, he started getting tired. He let his eyes flutter shut and he fell asleep, subconsciously cuddling into Blue's chest. Blue looked down and blushed at the sleeping Red. He looked up and saw the other swords snickering. He shot them a glare, they stopped, and continued down the road.

*****
"Red. Wake up. Red! Wake up!" Blue commanded, shaking Red lightly.

Red gasped and snapped his eyes open. "Huh? Where are we?" He asked.

"The Town of Flame." Blue answered, pointing a thumb towards the glowing red city.

Red's eyes widened in glee. "Whoa! Its so pretty!" He gushed.

"Yeah, but its also dangerous. Stick close." Blue ordered.

"Hey wait, wheres Green, Vio, and Shadow?" Red asked, stopping in his tracks.

"Green went to the blacksmith, Vio went to walk around the market, and Shadow is following Vio." Blue answered.

Red nodded. "Where are we going?" He asked.

Blue inwardly groaned. "To the Inn of course." He replied, crossing his arms.

Red nodded and bounded up to where Blue was standing. "Lets go, shall we?" He asked teasingly.

Blue rolled his eyes, but walked in sync with Red.