CHAPTER 4

I messily threw all my books into my locker as the bell rang throughout the buzzing halls. I grabbed my phone and my bag, said goodbye to a few friends before making my way outside to find my mums car. I pushed open the double doors and breathed in the smell of the cold winter air. While leaning against the school gates I eyed Teesha as she bounded happily across the school grounds heading into the direction of a mysterious looking black car. I stared at the black car, watching as it took off and sped down the street. I swear I had seen it before, but couldn't think where I had seen it. I stared after the car, my mind buzzing until my mums car pulled up in front of me. I shut the door, pulled out my phone and earphones and pressed play on my music. The car ride was silent as my mum made no effort to talk to me, or show any interest in how school was. As soon as mum stopped the car I stormed into the house and into my room, slamming the door shut on my way. I chucked my stuff onto my bed before walking to my cupboard and grabbing out some more clothes. (outfit on side) 
My boots made soft padding sounds against the tiles as I made my way out the back door. I flipped my head around, hoping no one was watching as I crept out of the house. After shutting the door quietly I sprinted across our yard, jumped the fence and took off towards town. The main street was quiet, there were very few cars or people, but there was one thing that caught my eye. Sitting at the end of the street was the same black car that had been sitting outside school. I shook my head and turned onto another street and headed towards a coffee shop. I sat alone in the corner of the shop, staring out into the empty street, there was nothing there, yet I enjoyed the silence, the loneliness. It was almost depressing, watching black clouds cover the sky before it started raining, it reminded me of my life. I used to be so happy, so full of life, now the only thing I felt was depression, loneliness and emptiness, I was surrounded by so many people yet I still felt suffocated. I was worried that someone would find out my secrets, that someone would find out who I really was, behind all the lies I had told.   

The rain pounded against the pavement, my mind blank, my body almost lifeless. As I walked along the desolate streets a dark object on the other side of the street up ahead of me could be seen. The car became more visible as I approached it, but then I stopped dead in my tracks. It was the same car that had been at school, the same one that I had seen only hours before, it was following me. My suspicions started to grow, was it just a coincident that Teesha had gotten into the exact same car that was following me, or did someone already know I wasn't here to finish school. Lightning split the sky in half above me as I walked past the car and from the bright light that lit everything up, there was no one in there. My eyes narrowed slightly as I looked through the pelting rain, there was nothing that I could see, but that car was really starting to annoy me. I half walked half sprinted through the streets to get back home, but as soon as I opened the door I wished I had never left the house in the first place.

"WHERE WERE YOU BROOK." My mother screamed at me
"I was out." I muttered
"YOU SPEND ALL YOU'RE TIME OUT WITH FRIENDS AND YOU NEVER STUDY." She yelled at me
"SO WHAT, ITS NOT YOU LIKE CARE WHETHER I GET GOOD GRADES OR NOT, YOU DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ME." I screamed back
"FOR GOD SAKE BROOK, YOURE GRADES ARE HORRIBLE AND SO IS YOUR ATTITUDE. YOU NEED TO CLEAN UP YOUR ACT." She yelled slamming her hands onto the kitchen table
"YEAH, OR WHAT?" I retaliated back
"Or, I will kick you out." She threatened
I looked at her for a moment before walking up stairs not saying anything else. I was pulling on a fresh top when I heard a door slam shut. I ran over to my window in time to see my mum speeding away into the night. She had never threatened me before, I know she was still grieving over Juliet, but she had never gone as far as threatening me. Why would she start now, I was home a bit late, she never had a problem with it before, maybe she just wanted me gone as I was a constant reminder of Juliet for her. Maybe there were things she wasn't telling me, maybe she had secrets as well. I waited a few to minutes to make sure she wouldn't come back, after she didn't return I rose from my bed and walked down the hall towards my parents bedroom.

I pushed open the wooden doors to my parents bedroom, reached for the light and watched as the room lit up. I aimlessly started walking around, wondering where my mum would hide things. There was no place in her room she could really hide them other than under her bed. I dropped to the beige carpet and peered under the bed, my eyes adjusted slowly to the darkness, though there was nothing there. I stood up again, glancing around the room, before my eyes landed on the walk-in-robe. I threw open the doors and started my search, looking through all of the clothes and shoes that had been messily thrown all over the place. I walked towards the back of the cupboard and sitting on the top self, tucked away at the back, was an old looking box. I pulled it down and yanked off the lid. I sat on the floor going through everything that was in there, pictures,newspaper articles, documents, some looking like they were even from court. One newspaper article got my attention though, my eyes read and re-read over the whole article and suddenly everything else that was in the box made sense. Juliet wasn't my sister..... 

________________________________________
1. Sorry I haven't updated in forever (I had serious writers block and I'm just really lazy in general)
2. Sorry I left it on a cliffhanger, i'll probably do that a fair bit in this book 😐
Hopefully I will update soon, but I'm not gonna promise anything