CHAPTER 1

My alarm clock made a loud sound from next to me. I grabbed my phone and flicked off my alarm. I stretched out on my bed before getting up, finding clothes and heading towards my bathroom to take a shower. After washing myself and my hair i stepped out of the shower and dried myself before getting dressed. I glanced at my phone, it was only 7:30, i still had plenty of time to do my makeup. After applying my makeup i walked downstairs into the kitchen. My mum was standing against the bench sipping her coffee.
"You better be ready in 15 minutes or I'm leaving without you" She snapped.
I ignored her and started to make myself a coffee. Like always, mum was in a really bad mood. It only started when Juliet died, before then she was fine, but now she hates my guts. She blamed me for Juliet's death, saying that i could of protected her more. Thats not the only reason she hates me, Juliet was a good, quiet,shy girl who did really well in everything. Then there was me, a loud, outgoing, sarcastic teenage girl who was always out with friends. My grades weren't bad and i didn't get detentions very often, but compared to Juliet, i was the wild child from hell. It was obvious Juliet was mums favourite and now she's mad she lost her angel, but still has her demon. Ever since Juliet's death our family has never been the same. Mum hated me, Juliet's dad rarely ever spoke to me and i avoided other family. I still went out with my friends, i knew it wouldn't help my situation with my mum, but the only time i could be a normal teenager was when i was out drunk with my friends. Although now i don't like to get really drunk, as since Juliet died i have been keeping a big secret that could possibly get me arrested if i told anyone. I snapped back into reality as i heard my mum tell me we were going. I transferred schools to Juliet's old one for my last year of school. I grabbed my bag and phone before walking out the front door and slamming it behind me. I got into the car and slammed the car door shut as well. My mum glared at me before starting the car and driving off. I rolled my eyes while i turned to look out the window.
"You can drop the attitude" she told me sharply
"Why would i do that?" I retaliated back
"Because i'm your mother and if you continue walking around the house like that you'll break something and"
"Yeah, yeah, i know, it will be my fault, just like everything else is. Its my fault the house is a mess, its my fault Juliet's dead, and you're probably going to blame me as well as to why you're a shit parent" i yelled cutting her off.
The rest of the car ride was silent, until she pulled up out the front of the school.
"Brook" She said quietly
I grabbed my bag and slammed the door shut before she could say anything else. I walked into the school grounds and a stab of guilt hit me as well as thousands of other emotions. Memories flooded back to me as i remembered all the times i watched Juliet walk through the wrought iron gates, all the times i watched her laughing with her friends, all the times we went to shopping together, all the times i kept secrets from her, ones that could of saved her life.